Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Arcade Games **Video**
| | |-+  60 in 1 multicade
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 60 in 1 multicade  (Read 8813 times)
jeddybear
« on: June 10, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »

greetings, starting a new project, a 60 in 1 multicade game. im at a crossroad at exactly what look to give it, im thinking about maybe the white marble looking laminate on the front with the black sides and either black or white button box. give me some suggestions and ill keep up on the pictures as it comes together. and i have white, black and blue t-molding. thanks for looking.

* P6100004.JPG (850.65 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 251 times.)

* P6100005.JPG (862.7 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 281 times.)
jeddybear
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 07:49:46 PM »

more of it

* P6100006.JPG (923.6 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 237 times.)

* P6100002.JPG (901.04 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 245 times.)
jeddybear
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:42:54 PM »

ok. here's the finished machine. since there were no suggestions i flipped a coin, i think its ugly.

* gggooogg.JPG (359.5 KB, 1272x1059 - viewed 220 times.)

* gggoo.JPG (256.53 KB, 1080x1000 - viewed 275 times.)
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 07:10:24 PM »

Looks good to me  But i would just buy a old 25in  jamma arcade cab at auction for 50 bucks or less and put a 60 in one board in it they  dropped in price to around 100 bucks
jeddybear
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:20:43 PM »

i appreciate that compliment, the thing i like most about countertops is that you can always turn them into uprights by screwing them to a box. this is my 8th one, making a cocktail next, first time with this type, see how that works out.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 12:41:53 AM »

... i think its ugly.

K+ for sharing your project. applause applause

If you're not happy with it as it is, what about painting the front face black and adding a pin stripe or two? Here are two examples. I like the purple/blue better. yes

You could then try to find a decal or something to cover the play deck, and perhaps a logo on the sides to spice it up even more.
What do you think?

Stat garfield

* Jeaddybear's 60 in 1 table top.ggooo. Red.JPG (401.99 KB, 1080x1000 - viewed 294 times.)

* Jeaddybear's 60 in 1 table top.ggooo. Purple Blue.JPG (414.79 KB, 1080x1000 - viewed 243 times.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
jeddybear
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 01:31:55 AM »

i think that would look a lot better, ive got side art, ill come up with something for the control panel

* Untitled212.jpg (118.61 KB, 661x642 - viewed 319 times.)
slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 402

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 01:49:16 AM »

I agree with Stat.

The black does look better in my opinion.

Nice photoshop skills Stat.

Jeddybear, great job on your project.

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 08:51:14 AM »

looks great the countertop is always more easy to move than the full size upright
a lazy susan on bottom would be a great idea . I have plenty if needed .. ??
as you said you can always screw it to a lower cabinet with doors etc and coin & bill mech.

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
jeddybear
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 11:47:56 AM »

thanks for the compliment, the game uses a joystick, so a lazy susan is out of the question, but your right on the convenience of the countertop. maybe something like this for the control panel

* Untitled4558.jpg (104.21 KB, 977x344 - viewed 248 times.)
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 01:44:41 PM »

somewhere in the parts pile --- I have  a few ratcheting  lazy Susan's that you turn 180 deg .left or right -- then turn back to desired position .
they then lock in place .

the standard lazy Susan i know what your saying . my fault  I did not specify which one.

A reg lazy Susan with the Joy Stick ----would be a game in itself holding on  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

it beats turning the wood or metal cabinet on a nice counter top and scratching it up . they all had rubber pads on them .
the ratcheting  lazy Susan's -- I have came off a counter top poker machines-- with metal cabinet --soon as I find them I will post a picture !
just a bit thicker than normal ones -with a release lever on bottom if they get stuck to free spin ..
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 02:03:37 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 05:15:10 PM »

Thanks for sharing your project.  I agree that Stat's paint job in black looks really good for it.

On the Merit Megatouch bartop games, they have a lazy suzan like base, but with notches so that the game stays in place (unless you give it a big push) -- it's not quite the ratcheting one that Rocket talked about, but it might work nicely for your cabinet.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 05:31:02 PM »

Thanks for sharing your project.  I agree that Stat's paint job in black looks really good for it.

On the Merit Megatouch bartop games, they have a lazy suzan like base, but with notches so that the game stays in place (unless you give it a big push) -- it's not quite the ratcheting one that Rocket talked about, but it might work nicely for your cabinet.

Kevin -those are great the ones your talking about .. hard to find used though .. on the regular ones i have around 50 + they ae still a nice item to have --i even put one under a 225lb IGT S+  upright and ubricated the ball bearngs real well first
the weight of machine was enough  to make it not spin around easy you had to nudge it ..

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 12:10:17 PM »

All great ideas guys!  applause
I particularly like the graphics applied as everyone suggested!  yes
It makes the machine "look" playful and fun!
StatFreak

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 12:31:26 PM »

All great ideas guys!  applause
I particularly like the graphics applied as everyone suggested!  yes
It makes the machine "look" playful and fun!

Agreed. yes propeller

In addition, the reason that I chose more black for the front face is that with the white Formica, the eye naturally gravitates towards the lighter colored surface, and that pulls one's attention away from the screen, which causes mental distraction. Using a black front face and the subtle pin striping serves to pull the eye into the screen. That's why it "looks" better.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
jeddybear
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 01:51:49 PM »

thanks for the suggestions everyone, i'll post pictures when im finished.
jeddybear
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 09:26:26 PM »

ok, heres what i ended up with, i think it does look better

* P7260027.JPG (232.08 KB, 944x1064 - viewed 209 times.)

* P7260031.JPG (418.99 KB, 1356x1080 - viewed 240 times.)
StatFreak

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 11:13:21 PM »

Oh Heck Yeah!!  Jumping for Joey Jumping for Joey  That looks ten times better!!  Hail Hail applause applause applause

Great Job and  Congratulations on finishing your project. K+

Stat garfield

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.