CDS Video Poker No Sound

(1/2) > >>

89chevyman:
Have a video poker machine that has no sound. Game function fine. Tried menu to increase volume & also checked sound test, nothing. The game did have credits on it when resetting volume,  does that matter? If not, any suggestions? Also is the bill validator upgradeable and any info on cleaning them?

paul:
What happens when you try to set sound and the validator if it is a 12 or 13 it is upgradeable

89chevyman:
Okay, let me update where I'm at and what I've done. Change all the bulbs on the buttons & tested them in test mode, only one not lighting was the draw button (possibly a bad micro switch) Got the sound to work (Volume was down, DUH :25-) and changed the WBA-11-SS bill validator chip (WBA-11-SS ID 003 USA V 2.04-15 [7EE4e]) to  an updated ( WBA11 SSID 003 V3.60 NEW 10) chip. Went to start the game, came up with "Call Attendant-Low Battery"? I don't know where to go at this point to get the game up and running, as it was, before I did anything, just didn't have sound & wouldn't take new bills. Also coin comparator does not function-no light, coins go straight through. Not sure if it's enabled or how to check it or enable it? This is a friends machine so I'm very worried about doing too much and causing a major meltdown. Additionally I replaced the top and belly glass tubes and they did not light up when the machine was turned on (haven't changed starters yet this may resolve the problem).  I've been told that these video poker machines do not need birth chips, but if I change the battery, won't this require birth chips and if not how do I internalize the game back into game mode? One more problem, I noticed that someone had removed the bulbs, cut the wire harness and possibly removed the board, for the light above the bill entry bezel. Would this have anything to do with anything? Any and all help would be be appreciated. Oh and available parts, too.  Thanks.

paul:
First what model is machine 1910 or 1920 ect if you remove battery and install a new battery right away you should be ok       Paul

89chevyman:
Thanks for the quick reply. Without going over there, I believe its a 1910, as it looks the same as my Wild Deuces game. I replaced the battery as quickly as possible. I will be heading over there to install and report back either a success or a failure. Wish me luck :89- If you reply before I go, is there anything I need to know about the initialization of the game? When I looked at the menu the initialize game was in red and unobtainable as far as a selection in the dropdown menu. Thanks.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page