Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:17:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal 8800 board
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal 8800 board  (Read 3198 times)
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« on: March 27, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »

When it comes to Universals my real passion is the Ultra Series. I like the older Uni's (8116) too, they are simple and easy to work on. In between these two platforms Universal came out with the 8800 board. The 8116 boards could not have nudge or respin games. No bill validators or two-way communication of progressives either.
Universal dominated the market until the 1988 "near-miss" scandel. And IGT came out with the S+. So Universal came out with the 8800 mpu board that could be plugged into the existing 8116 platform. This board could handle nudge and respin games. Also interfaced with BV's such as MARS, JCM, and CVB. Two-way communication with progressive systems was added.
They also made the Mustang slot using the 8800 mpu. The Mustang had a small dot screen bonus round.
I do not have much experience with the 8800. Always thought the exposed BV was not visually appealing. And I never found a manual for the 8800.
What I do have is bits and pieces for the 8800.
The daughter sub-board on the 8800 is for the BV and progressive communication. The switches #1,#2,#3 are for setting the machine number in a progressive environment. They should be set to 0,0,0 if there is no progressive. The 7-segment LED's on this board are for the two-way progressive and has nothing to do with the BV. (jury is still out on this one)If the LED's are showing r. r. r. then it means RAM error for the progressive. (If the switches 1,2,3 are not set to zero each and there is no progressive you will see r.r.r.) If the LED's show E. E. E. then it's a ROM error. If they show C. C. E. then it means Dual Port RAM access down. Again, the LED's are for two-way progressive communications only. Set the SW1,SW2,SW3, on the sub-board to 0,0,0 if there is no two-way progressive.
More to come.... 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:16:55 PM by uniman » Logged
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »

I modified my last post above. Not sure yet if the 7-seg display on daughter board shows BV info.
If the game with the 8800 has a bill validator than extra error codes are programmed in the game;
ERROR
17: Rom version mismatch between main and sub pcb
18: Dual port ram initialze failed
90: Sub pcb rom/ram error
94: B.V. power is off
95: B.V. cashbox removed
96: B.V. cashbox full
97: B.V. improper operation
98: sub pcb malfunction
99: B.V. door open

Do know that error 62 is a communication break between 8800 board and bonus game board for Mustang game only.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.