Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 07:18:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  universal over pay tilt
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: universal over pay tilt  (Read 2068 times)
havasugameman
« on: June 02, 2011, 03:40:32 PM »

my stars and stripes will over pay one coin everytime then tilts is this the hopper motor and or the brake? and how can i fix this problem? thanks for the help .
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:52:35 AM by uniman » Logged
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »

my stars and stripes will over pay one coin everytime then tilts is this the hopper motor and or the brake? and how can i fix this problem? thanks for the help .

Need to know what platform your machine is on and what hopper do you have? A pic would help.

Take a look at my pic of the Standard Hopper, is that it?
If it is than your coin deflector is sticking.
The Standard Hopper has no brake. When paying out the motor turns and the deflector solenoid energizes pulling the deflector out of the way of passing coins. When the amount payed out is reached, the motor shuts off and deflector solenoid is de-energized resulting in the deflector springing back blocking any extra coins from being dispensed. I have found the solenoids get sticky and the shaft sticks. (Looks like a T) Also check the spring.
Unscrew the top cover (4 screws) and you can see the deflector solenoid. Excercise it by hand. If it sticks than a little WD40 will solve the problem.

If this isn't the right hopper or if you need more help just post.

Jim

* standard hopper.jpg (118.9 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 252 times.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:52:50 AM by uniman » Logged
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 12:51:32 AM »

Email reply;

Hey thanks that was the problem. Everything in there was gummed up.good cleaning fixed it. Thanks again .the havasu gameman

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.