Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:53:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Aussie Universal Pacific - "GAME INVALID... METER ERROR.."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aussie Universal Pacific - "GAME INVALID... METER ERROR.."  (Read 3355 times)
pokienut
« on: May 18, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »

Hi,
I need some help with this machine, im sure it is an aussie machine BONUS 555 and has a 8600 - A3F board in it, the message is "GAME INVALID...  METER ERROR.." the lights and LED arrays above the reels dont seem to work.
The machine itself is in fairly good condition and i would love to get this going, but finding any documentation on this is hard. the power supply is one thing i would like to test if i could identify the pin outs.

The battery on the main board was marked with 3.6 volts, can i use 3x 1.5 volt batteries in series? i got a data sheet for the RAM chip next to the battery and it seems to have be 5 volts for input.

Could someone help me out with a diagram for the power supply (see pictures below) and/or any other infomation

The machine when powered on, doesnt seem to respond to anything (service switch, reset switch....ect) it also has 2 key switches on the side, what do these do?

Any help with this this would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:07:48 PM by pokienut » Logged
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »

I picked up an Aussie Universal once and couldn't get it going.  hissy fit
Mine had I believe INVALID GAME and ROM ERROR. But it was real mess to begin with. Not as nice as yours.
Sorry, but I have no manuals or experience fixing these machines. Hopefully an Aussie member is reading this and can help out.

Uniman
pokienut
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 02:11:31 AM »

Thanks anyway,

Would anyone have manuals for any universal machines of the same vintage?

this may help with identifying various areas of the machine

Cheers

TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 01:29:28 PM »

Hi

Can You post a cleare picture of the processor board - especially the white button at the bottom right of the board. This may be a Ram Clear button. Some clearer pictures could confirm this.
NZRick
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 01:21:50 AM »

Hello there,

I am new to the site and have acquired a Universl machine just about identical to Pokienut's

It's a Pacific Fire bird. The machine demonstrates similar symptoms the only things that seem to work are the lights and the speaker gives off a constant hum which can be increased bv way of the volume control. I have removed the main PSU and there is a separate A/C adapter wired into  the transformer which mounted on the bottom of the case it is rated at 230V-50Hz input and 14V- 2.8A 40VA. While I have not had much meaningful experience restoring electronic machine I have never seen this arrangement in a pokie machine before.

There were two small ceramic disc caps that had become dislodged from the main board there were found at the base. I located their original positions and re soldered them.  cleaned the board up with an alcohol scrub and checked the traces for any breaks. There was also what appeared to be a jumper wire which was only soldered to one pad I inserted and soldered in the free end to the corresponding pad which appeared to be the logical place for it to go. I have checked all the wiring and connection in the machine and saw no damage however the machine does not work at all other than the lights and the humming sound of the speaker. I don't know ho to upload pics on here yet I have taken some shots of the PSU and related connections

I of course would be extremely grateful for any assistance and enlightenment any one of you gents could lend here.

I thank you so very much for all

Cheers mates!

NZ Rick

Hi

Can You post a cleare picture of the processor board - especially the white button at the bottom right of the board. This may be a Ram Clear button. Some clearer pictures could confirm this.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.