Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:27:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Ultra Handle problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ultra Handle problem  (Read 3280 times)
wadwerks
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: May 31, 2012, 01:32:11 AM »

Figured I would ask here in case it helps some one else in the future. The handle on my machine does not work. Is there a way to disable it? I tested the optics all seem to work just fine. If I pull the handle down and push the solenoid up it locks in place when handle is returned to upright position. If i insert coins the solenoid will release but when i pull the handle it moves in its full range but nothing happens. Is there a trick to getting the machine to recognize the handle or am I missing something obvious like a dip switch position.
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:18:52 PM »

I am not aware of a handle disable and if there was I would think it would disable the solenoid.  How did you determine that the optics are good?  I got 2 machines that had the handle wires in the wrong spot.  Did you verify wire colors according to the handle diagnostic sticky?
wadwerks

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 02:28:50 PM »

Yea I checked the color code they seem to be in the right spot. I did the diag. test 60305, 306, 307 they all seemed to work when removed from handle so I installed them back into the handle and tested it that way and they still seem to work fine.
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »

Ok, when you incert a coin the solenoid should then energize and draw down the lever attached to it, not release anything. If you look just above the solenoid and to the right just a bit, there is a metal channel piece that looks like an upsidedown U. That should pull down when the solenoid energizes. You can pull it down with your finger and it lock in the downward postion. It then releases when you pull the handle down.

You also can do the same input test (#6) Pull the upsidedown U down and 305 should = 1, 306 = 1, and 307 = 0. Just a 1 inch pull of the handle changes 305 to 0. Then with the handle pulled all the way down 306 = 0 and 307 = 1 only with handle in down postion.
You can go up from 305 up to 306, 307 by pressing spin button and you can go down using the BET 1 button.

So the first question is; does your solenoid pull down the U lever? If yes, run inport test #6 above. If no, check to make sure the solenoid is properly attached to pull down.
wadwerks

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 09:48:57 PM »

When I put in a coin the lever lock does release but it never locks back in place I have to push it back by hand ir is like the handle doesn't know its been pulled. I will check to see at what point they change from 0 to 1 and vice versa. Does it have to be an inch down when pulling or just in that general area for the sensor to change? Is there any kind of timing of the switches that can be adjusted or does it just recognize 1 switch open and 2 closed?
wadwerks

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 01:33:38 AM »

applause applause applause Finely it is done got it thanks again you guys have been such a big help. Come to find out that if the lever lock bracket is missing a spring it does not return to the locked position when the handle is down so even if you push it into lock it still doesn't work. When i was testing I found 306 was still at 0 when handle was down so I thought the solenoid would push it back up but it never did so did some looking around and found a spring hanging loose but it was hidden under the cover so I never knew it was there. Once attached the lock lever came up on its own and everything works fine. Its been a lot of work but thanks to all the help the machine I got for cheap that was not working at all is now 100% functional. applause applause applause
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 08:37:52 PM »

Glad to hear it!!
Now that you have troubleshot the machine you know a lot more about it!
wadwerks

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »

Yea Im kind of glad I had so many problems right off the bat I do have a good idea of how the machine works now so it should make trouble shooting or modifying it a lot easier now.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.