Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:29:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  overpaying
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: overpaying  (Read 3264 times)
aheg
« on: August 12, 2012, 10:12:41 PM »

I have a universal slot machine and it has always payed out wrong i am finally attempting to repair it i dont know much about slot machines so can some one please help me out.
What i have tried
1.pulling out the hopper and lubing all the arms
2.tried cleaning of that sensor(not to sure what its called)
im not sure what else to try so any help would be appreciated
oh ps its a standard hopper   
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 11:24:41 PM »

How is it paying out wrong? OVERPAYING/UNDERPAYING, both?

What game do you have?

What board do you have? 8116 or 8800
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:46:59 PM by uniman » Logged
aheg
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »

Its over paying im not sure how to tell which board i have and the machine is out of the ramada inn from state line
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 12:12:28 AM »

Next post tell me the theme, name of the game, that will help. And tell me if it was ok, now malfunctioning, or always malfunctioning since you got it.

The 8116 board requires a sub-board at location 1A on the board. This sub-board has eight switches on it and one of those switches sets the hopper type, standard or high speed.
If this sub board is missing or is set wrong you can get error 31 for overpays. So if your machine has been doing this since you aquired it you need to check this sub-board.

Now, if it just started overpaying then you need to check the hopper kicker knife, solenoid, and spring. When the machine pays out it counts each coin and when it reaches the limit the disk stops and the EDITEDsolenoid drives the kicker up knocking the next coin out of the disk to prevent it from being dispensed causing error 31, overpay. If the solenoid is sticky or not working, or the spring is broken, it will fail.
In the pic below I circled the spring, the solenoid is on the left, black.

Opps, got that backwards. The solenoid activates when coins are dispensing and moves the kicker out of the way. When the limit is reached the solenoid deactivates and the spring returns the kicker to knock out the remaining coin(s).

* uni-hopper-kicker-spring.jpg (90.84 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 268 times.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:17:36 AM by uniman » Logged
aheg
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 12:25:43 AM »

Im not sure of the theme but the machine its just has bars and 7s
The arm on the hopper will retract but will not go out unless i manually push it the machine has always had this problem can you please post a picture where i could find the board sorry for these basic questions
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 12:44:18 AM »

Im not sure of the theme but the machine its just has bars and 7s
The arm on the hopper will retract but will not go out unless i manually push it the machine has always had this problem can you please post a picture where i could find the board sorry for these basic questions

Sounds like a hopper problem at this point. Not sure I understand the above??
Look at the picture of the disk area of the hopper. I circled in red the kicker sticking out. Push it in and it should spring back. If it does not spring back than check the spring pictured in the previous post. If the spring is there then add a drop or two of household oil to the solenoid shaft and excercise it a couple of times to loosen it up.

* hopper kicker.jpg (84.09 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 272 times.)
aheg
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 12:56:34 AM »

I lubed it up but i guess not enough because it does not spring back but it does have a spring on the back
aheg
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 01:01:23 AM »

actuallly im going to replace the spring i think that is more likely the problem
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 01:20:03 AM »

Yeah, it should snap back. I have found the solenoids gummy too not letting the spring do it's job. With the spring off the solenoid shaft should slide easy.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.