Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:09:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal Double Thunder
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal Double Thunder  (Read 2295 times)
sailorick
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: September 02, 2012, 04:46:55 PM »

Hi all, I hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend!  I wanted to post some photos of my new Universal Double Thunder Nickel Slot Machine.
I've posted the pictures at my photo sharing site here:
http://public.fotki.com/Sailorick/misc_pics/slot-machine/

Please feel free to have a look.

I wanted to thank Mike (Mantaramain) for coming over yesterday for a service call and to diagnose a problem with the handle sticking in the down position.  And for also bringing me a Universal Manual. I learned quite a bit in the hour he was here and I've already replaced some lights and starters.
We could not find any manufacturer's plate or Model numbers, but I'm still looking.
It looks like I might be scouring ebay for a Universal barrel key and a new cam lock for the door.
Anyway, enjoy the pictures!

Rick

Rick
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 12:50:36 PM »

The manufactures plate should be below the handle. It will not have a model number on it and it may have a date of manufacture. Universal really didn't have a model number, the manual will tell you the game number is the model number. So if you change games in your machine you have changed the model number.  Duh! Like I said, not really a model number.
Universal did not put a date of manufacture on their machines until Nevada insisted they do so. Their nameplate had a place to add the model number, which they never did since games could be changed, so that's where they added the date in a format like this; Y-93.
So I have received questions on model number Y-93.  rotflmao  An understandable mistake.

Your machine has a "Yellow Dot" power supply with a modified wiring harness. Your manual will tell you the Yellow Dot is for electronic starters (24vdc), not ballast, and will not replace a Red or Green Dot power supply. After the manual came out Universal modified their harnesses so that the Yellow Dot power supply could be used with ballast (110vac) starters. The white and grey wires outside of the shrink wrap going from the machine to the door tell me the harness is a modified harness.

If you press the green test button nine (9) times the win meter will display and repeat five sets of numbers. These numbers will be the game number and version, system chip number and version, and the max credit limit. Each number will start with a 9. Post the numbers and I can tell you the game chip's calculated percent payout.

Jim
sailorick
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »

Jim, thanks for the info.  I've checked everywhere and still no plate.  No worries though.  My biggest issue now is trying to find a barrel key.

Thanks again!

Rick

Rick
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.