Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:11:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  1992 Universal Slot Machine...... Info Needed
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1992 Universal Slot Machine...... Info Needed  (Read 14781 times)
Cchambers08
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 09:20:30 PM »

ha ha @  Frankenstein Job... You know of any one that may have a working board???
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 11:21:25 PM »

This weekend I'll try to get one of my spare boards operating.

But first let me elaborate on why I said Frankenstien. Your machine looks like a typical Universal from the outside (almost), but not from the inside!
Your 8116-A2 is an early version. I can tell by the eprom socket at location 2A. Yours has a 24 pin socket. Most, 1985-on, have a 28-pin socket in that location. I have one with sockets like yours but not with those other sub-boards and every board I've ever touched had dip switches where yours does not. I'm starting to wonder if your board is pre-1984.

Your machine's meter board (circled in pic) is not typical. And the shrink wrapped harness attached to it not typical either. The large chute in the door not typical either.
And the real problem I see is the single connector coming out of your board. (circled in pic) There should be two smaller connectors, a 6-pin and 3-pin. Even if you get a new board it won't have the same connector as I see on yours.
You need to trace those wires and tell me where they go. They should go to the buttons on the door.

As I see it your machine has the oldest style power supply, a board that looks pre-1984, and wiring that doesn't match 1985-2000 Universals. I can only guess that someone put newer glass and reels in an old machine. It's really puzzling????

Below see my "typical" Universal vs your machine. The coin comparitor is not a big deal and neither is the color of the reel deck. It's the wiring, the meter board, and that large connector coming out of your board.

* chambersUni.jpg (39.1 KB, 640x478 - viewed 315 times.)

* MVC-019S.JPG (56.95 KB, 640x480 - viewed 337 times.)
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 11:30:43 PM »

Oh man, I missed the black optics below your coin comparitor. Those were only used very early in Universal machines. Mine are gray.

Universal made machines before they mated stepper reels with a computerized virtual stop table in 1985. Your machines internal parts is making me believe your machine is pre 1985. But I don't believe they had buttons (spin, bet 1, cashout) on the door before 1985. So I'm guessing someone tried to make a working machine out of mismatched parts.
Cchambers08
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 12:02:57 AM »

Sounds like a mess from what you are telling me.... I totally agree maybe it could be an earlier machine. Any thoughts as to what I should do with it??
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »

Sounds like a mess from what you are telling me.... I totally agree maybe it could be an earlier machine. Any thoughts as to what I should do with it??

I'm bullheaded and just don't quit so if it was mine I would look for a new board, check the eproms and get the correct ones if needed, and I would look for a non-working Uni for parts, mainly the wiring. Then I would install the wiring and replace the optics with gray optics taken from the parts machine.
The wiring isn't that hard at all in the machine. If the parts machine had a good door then you could just swap doors and glass, easier than rewiring the door.

You have a nice cabinet, nice glass and reels, a good power supply, and looks like a good hopper
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.