Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:17:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Help ID a machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help ID a machine  (Read 6718 times)
dcaw
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:38:47 PM »

Can someone please help me ID this machine? I think it's an IGT machine but if it is which model is it? I cant locate any identifiers on it and the date on the tag is torn off so I cant go by that ether.

The game is working but it keeps "tilting" and I'd like to fix it. For some reason it will only take three nickels (ping sound after each ones drops in) but on the forth nickel there is no ping sound and then if you insert one more nickel it tilts. It doesn't matter if you use actual coins or use the service switch, I get the same results. If I open it up and hit the reset button the tilt goes out and it will play the remaining credits just fine. Anyone have a suggestion on what might be causing this? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

* 2012-09-10 18.45.17.jpg (118.77 KB, 365x653 - viewed 431 times.)

* 2012-09-10 19.14.25.jpg (183.27 KB, 653x490 - viewed 383 times.)
dcaw
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:19 PM »

Here are a couple more images: Thanks...

* 2012-09-10 19.11.03.jpg (195.63 KB, 490x653 - viewed 408 times.)

* 2012-09-10 19.11.39.jpg (155.54 KB, 567x433 - viewed 412 times.)
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »

Looks like my Universal. Someone can chime in and confirm this for you.
dcaw
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 03:52:56 PM »

I agree, it definitely looks like a Universal, thanks for that.

Now for the bigger part of my post, can anyone chime in on the cause and possible resolution of the tilt issue it's having? Thanks.
wingnut
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 04:58:31 PM »

Its definitly a universal, looks like a variation of midas touch. I believe there is a diverter that supposed to return extra coins to the tray. it should be directly under the coin mech. and it's solenoid operated. check and see if it moves freely
dcaw
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »

OK, I'll check that but keep in mind it does this without using coins, i.e. if I use the service button to add credits the exact thing happens. Thanks.
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 09:05:23 PM »

Try posting your question in the "Universal" forum and I'll bet Uniman can get you going.
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »

Hey, where did this post come from? Just found it in the Uni Section.
A bit late, but here goes. Your machine is supposed to tilt when extra coins are added. The game is a three coin game. If a forth coin gets in it's added to the next game. If a fifth is added. it tilts.
What is wrong is your coin comparator. The comparator is supposed to reject all coins after three are inserted. The comparator has a coil that is normally energized. The mpu disconnects the ground to the comparator when max coins have been inserted, the coil shuts off and a rake diverts anymore coins back to the tray.

Jim
sdudley

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 11:15:11 AM »

Hello,

Out of curiosity, are you sure the machine is supposed to reject any coins after it tilts?  I ask this because I have a 5 coin game and it does exactly the same thing.  A 6th coin gets added to the next game and a 7th tilts the machine and flashes the call attendant light.  Any coins added after that go straight to the hopper and do not get rejected.

I assumed the manufacture (Universal) thought that if someone is dumb enough to add coins after the tilt, they deserve to loose money.   Silly Me!

Anyway, maybe I should look into the coin comparator. 

Stacy
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 09:35:21 PM »

Hello,

Out of curiosity, are you sure the machine is supposed to reject any coins after it tilts?  I ask this because I have a 5 coin game and it does exactly the same thing.  A 6th coin gets added to the next game and a 7th tilts the machine and flashes the call attendant light.  Any coins added after that go straight to the hopper and do not get rejected.

I assumed the manufacture (Universal) thought that if someone is dumb enough to add coins after the tilt, they deserve to loose money.   Silly Me!

Anyway, maybe I should look into the coin comparator. 

Stacy
I did not say it is supposed to reject coins after the tilt.
It is supposed to reject coins after the maximum is inserted, in your case five. Once in awhile a sixth coin can make it through if it was right on top of the 5th coin, so the 6th coin gets credited to the next play. If the 7th coin gets through, something is wrong and the machine tilts and cannot be played. So you could just keep plugging coins into it because the comparitor is broken and cannot reject the coins!
Or you could have the wrong comparitor or no comparitor at all.
sdudley

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »

I did not say it is supposed to reject coins after the tilt.
It is supposed to reject coins after the maximum is inserted, in your case five. Once in awhile a sixth coin can make it through if it was right on top of the 5th coin, so the 6th coin gets credited to the next play. If the 7th coin gets through, something is wrong and the machine tilts and cannot be played. So you could just keep plugging coins into it because the comparitor is broken and cannot reject the coins!
Or you could have the wrong comparitor or no comparitor at all.

Thanks,

I figured it out after posting my question.  It is rejecting coins after the 7th, I just didn't realize it.  My machine sits on a table that has no hole to allow the rejected coins to pass through.  After being rejected through the coin return they were just piling up.  I guess it took a few coins to pile up before I noticed they were down there.   Silly Me!

Stacy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.