Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 10:39:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Help with Tilt/coin issue
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with Tilt/coin issue  (Read 3385 times)
dcaw
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:38:59 PM »

I need some advice on this, the game is working but it keeps "tilting" and I'd like to fix it. For some reason it will only take three nickels (ping sound after each ones drops in) but on the forth nickel there is no ping sound and then if you insert one more nickel it tilts. It doesn't matter if you use actual coins or use the service switch to add the credits, I get the same results. If I open it up and hit the reset button the tilt goes out and it will play the remaining credits just fine. Anyone have a suggestion on what might be causing this? The error codes that are displayed when it's in Tilt are: 22, 21 and 50. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

* 2012-09-10 19.10.53.jpg (96.21 KB, 320x629 - viewed 327 times.)

* 2012-09-10 19.11.33.jpg (157.66 KB, 445x510 - viewed 353 times.)
dcaw
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 01:36:40 AM »

bump
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 02:34:05 AM »

Your game is a 3-coin game. You are not supposed to add more coins than three. If you do, the forth coin will be added to the next spin. But when you add five coins it will tilt and give error 22.
The error 21 is a coin jam error. This error is generated when the two optics below the coin comparitor see a coin going too slow or the wrong way.

Now I see two things I believe are contributing to your problem. The first is I don't see the coin comparitor wired to the machine. Is it? There should be a little three wire connector with a blue/violet/black wire to the right of the comparitor bundled up in the button wiring. A separate harness goes from this connector to the comparitor.
In most Universals the violet and black wire are connected to a 24vdc CC-16 coin comparitor. The violet is 32vdc and the black is a ground to the mpu board. When the comparitor receives power and is grounded it powers a coil that opens a rake. When a coin is added the comparitor compares it to the sample coin and if it matches the rake stays open and the coin passes through the optics where it is counted and then to the hopper. If the coin does not match the sample coin the coil is deenergized, the rake closes, and the coin is rejected to the coin tray. When the machine registers three coins entered the mpu board breaks the ground and the comparitor is "shutoff", the coil is deenergized, and any more coins rejected to the tray.
So I would say your comparitor either is not working or is not wired to the machine allowing any number of coins to be added.

The second thing I see is your two optics for counting coins maybe too small. Let me check on that. Maybe there just a nickle size?
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 03:09:07 AM »

I believe your coin optics are ok but only for small coins. The frame they are attached looks to be for small coins and the larger optics would not work on that frame.

So you either need to fix/replace the comparitor and maybe find a connecting harness also, or just don't add more than three coins for each spin.
dcaw
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »

OK, so would the coin comparator being bad also make it behave the same way even when I'm not using coins? i.e If I bypass the coin mech and use the "service button" to add credits I get the same results. ? Also, do you know where I can get a replacement comparator unit for this game? Thank you very much for all of your help.

uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 03:29:49 AM »

Pressing the service button five times will give you an error 22 no matter if the comparitor is bad or not.

Is your comparitor wired to the machine?

I would try one of our vendors listed on the homepage if you wish to buy a CC-16D. Make sure it's a 24vdc and not a 12vdc.
dcaw
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 01:23:05 PM »

OK, I'll look into it, thanks so much for your help on this.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.