Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:01:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal Blue Ocean Machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal Blue Ocean Machine  (Read 4164 times)
JFechner
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 10, 2013, 03:20:30 PM »

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and have a Blue Ocean machine from 1992 and the coin counter when they are being paid out doesn't seem to be working.  Any thoughts on troubleshooting or bypassing would be greatly appreciated!!
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 10:44:42 PM »

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and have a Blue Ocean machine from 1992 and the coin counter when they are being paid out doesn't seem to be working.  Any thoughts on troubleshooting or bypassing would be greatly appreciated!!
Welcome to NLG.
I need more information.  I assume your red LED win meter is working. Also assuming it is the hopper that is not counting the coins as it pays out.
Need to know what type of hopper you have. Is it a square red plastic hopper, a green and stainless steel hopper, or a gold and stainless steel hopper?
What exactly is happening? Does it overpay the coins? Does it not count any coins at all while paying out? Does it count some but not all coins?
Let me know and we'll get it fixed!!

Jim
JFechner

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 01:54:29 PM »

Here are some pictures of it and it will dispense the coins but not count any of them as they are being ejected into the tray and yes my LED credits sign works.

* 2013-03-11_10-45-27_283.jpg (1009.22 KB, 3264x1840 - viewed 361 times.)

* 2013-03-11_10-47-06_908.jpg (952.91 KB, 3264x1840 - viewed 319 times.)
JFechner

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 01:54:59 PM »

More pictures

* 2013-03-11_10-47-34_339.jpg (901.14 KB, 3264x1840 - viewed 348 times.)

* 2013-03-11_10-46-44_551.jpg (1050.5 KB, 3264x1840 - viewed 326 times.)
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 12:02:53 AM »

Great pics! That really helps.

Ok, you have an Asahi Seiko DH-750. It uses a microswitch to count the coins. As coins are about to be ejected from the hopper they raise the pivot arm that trips the microswitch. See my text in the pic below. Your hopper looks in good shape with all springs and adjustment screw in proper places.
So here can be your problems; 1. The microswitch is bad.
                                             2. The hopper is a quarter hopper and nickels are too small to trip the microswitch, or the hopper knife is bad.
                                             3. The dip switches on the mpu board are not set for an Asahi Seiko hopper. Unlikely as you should have errors on startup.

* Asahi Seiko DH-750.jpg (1100.82 KB, 3264x1840 - viewed 321 times.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:55:27 AM by uniman » Logged
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 01:52:05 AM »

Another question I should have asked is;    Have you ever seen the hopper work with nickels? I'm assuming you just aquired the machine and found it doesn't work. Please let me know if my assumption is right.

First thing to do is test the microswitch.
Turn on the machine and open the door. With the hopper plugged in push down on the pivot arm and it should trip the microswitch. If all is well you should get a TILT and error 31 (along with the 13 and 50 that were already flashing)
If you get the error 31 that means everything works but the coins are not tripping the pivot arm.
Clear the error 31 by pressing the yellow reset switch above and right of the reels.
If you are getting error 31 then next on the list is the hopper knife. You need to unscrew the screws with springs holding the coin bucket on the hopper. See my blurry picture below and I pointed out the knife. The knife causes the coins to lift and then pushes the pivot arm. Post a pic of your knife in your hopper. A worn or broken knife could be the cause.

If no error 31 when the microswitch closes then remove the two wires from the microswitch and jumper them together. A paperclip would work. As soon as the machine is on with the hopper plugged in and the wires jumpered the error 31 should appear. If the error 31 appears when jumpered but not when the microswitch was closed in the above test, then you have a bad microswitch.

* hopper knife.jpg (489.31 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 294 times.)
JFechner

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 02:41:06 PM »

The hopper will dispense the nickels and not count them, and no it has not worked as far as counting them yet, I am going to get quarters and try that first since it is the easiest and I'm assuming that is probably whats going on. Plus it will be more fun to play quarters than nickels   
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 08:40:02 PM »

Every denomination has a different size knife for the hopper. So a look at the knife can help determine what the hopper is setup for. Also, what size is your coin slot on the machine? Is it big enough for quarters?
If it is then you have to change the sample coin in the comparitor to a quarter also.

We're getting there!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.