Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Replacement Battery
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Replacement Battery  (Read 3050 times)
Clint
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: March 28, 2013, 03:34:55 AM »

I have a Slot/Poker machine I'm trying to fix and the battery has leaked on the board, I have cleaned the board but need to replace the battery but cant work out what battery I need and where to get the 24 pin dip attachment from, the mpu is 8116-A2, if anyone can help that would be great. I have attached a pic if that helps

Thanks
Clint

* IMAG0203.jpg (1229.04 KB, 2048x1152 - viewed 371 times.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:49:21 AM by Clint » Logged
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:14:52 PM »

I have a Slot/Poker machine I'm trying to fix and the battery has leaked on the board, I have cleaned the board but need to replace the battery but cant work out what battery I need and where to get the 24 pin dip attachment from, the mpu is 8116-A2, if anyone can help that would be great. I have attached a pic if that helps

Thanks
Clint
Slot/Poker machine??? The 8116-A2 is used only on slots. They require a 3.6v NiCd battery. I just bought replacements from China via ebay. Check ebay and you should find them unless some vendors here can chime in they have them.
The sub board at location 1A is used to set settings like hopper type, max credit limit, etc. They are very hard to find. What they do is emulate an eprom, by having dips you can change settings. But rarely are settings changed. So, if you have an eprom burner and a 2732 eprom, you can set the settings on an eprom and install that.
Pm me if you plan on using an eprom and I'll need to refresh my memory on how I did it.
Clint
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:47:40 PM »

Thanks for your reply, I called it slot/poker machine as im from Australia and we call them poker machines or pokies, and in the USA you call them slots, as this is a USA site I should of just called them slots sorry for the confusion, the battery was attached to the dip switch on location 4C not the regular battery spot so that's why Im confused and cant find a replacement, bellow is a pic of my board

* 8116-A2.jpg (144.54 KB, 960x645 - viewed 334 times.)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:36:56 AM by Clint » Logged
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »

Thanks for your reply, I called it slot/poker machine as im from Australia and we call them poker machines or pokies, and in the USA you call them slots, as this is a USA site I should of just called them slots sorry for the confusion, the battery was attached to the dip switch on location 4C not the regular battery spot so that's why Im confused and cant find a replacement, bellow is a pic of my board

Ahh, I see. But where are the dip switches? I see the sub-board with RAM chip and the battery mounts underneath on the sub-board. This is so the entire sub-board can be removed and the RAM chip will hold it's memory. Seen that too on the 8600 board. Must be an Aussie requirement.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.