Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:31:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Ultra Series jackpot bell
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ultra Series jackpot bell  (Read 2020 times)
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« on: April 06, 2013, 06:03:35 PM »

I was bored the other day so decided to install a jackpot bell in an Ultra. Now I'm no fan of jackpot bells for home use. They are a bit loud in a small room. But I have a few sitting on a shelf so what the heck.
On the Ultra slant top backplane the connections are labeled in english something like JPOT BELL or BELL. Have not seen a slant top in awhile but remember they are labeled. On the upright it is located behind reel #3 and is a four pin connector labeled CN5. You use pins #1 and #4 only. Pin #1 is +12vdc and pin #4 is the mpu controlled ground. For a relay I use a handle relay. On the handle relay there are three connectors, CN1, CN2, and CN3.
CN1 is a three pin 12vdc input and takes the wires from the backplane connector CN5 to pins 1 and 3. CN3 is a 110vac input and CN2 is a four pin output 110vac to the bell. CN2 uses pins 1 and 4 for the output.
Basically wired same as the handle relay that controls the 110vac handle solenoid.
The machine I chose was Title Match, a boxing themed game. Since each round of boxing begins and ends with a bell, how appropiate.
Now what I did was a little more. The Ultra also has a "Reel Knocker" connector, CN4 on the uprights. It is a three pin connector and also has a +12vdc pin and mpu controlled ground pin. When each reel stops the ground is momentarly completed. This was meant to be connected to a loud solenoid to simulate the mechanical reel stop sound. What I did was to run each ground wire from CN4 and CN5 to a jackpot reset barrel lock. I mounted the reset lock below the existing reset lock in the blanked hole that is already there. Then I ran both grounds to the handle relay used to control the bell.
So what I have is; If I turn the lock clockwise and leave it there the bell dings for each reel stop. If I turn the lock counterclockwise and leave it there the bell rings for each win until the credits are counted or coins dispensed.
If I leave the lock in the upright position, no bell.
If anyone is interested I have a couple of extra bells, handle relays, and jackpot reset locks that I would part with for $10 a set. What I don't have is the connectors, wires, and keys for the locks. But if you have a Uni reset barrel lock key you could build your own.
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:43:28 PM »

cool idea
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.