Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:44:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  universal wild bar 3 reel slot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: universal wild bar 3 reel slot  (Read 5144 times)
bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: May 21, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »

i have a universal wild bar 3 reel 5 cent slot,,that came with 2 cpus,,,,,the machine works great with one of these installed,,,,,,the other cpu,,,,when i install that one,,,,,it doesnt seem to know where the reels have stopped,,,,,for example,,it doesnt pay off on a 3 blank stop,,,which should return 1 2 or 3 coins depending on how many you bet,,,,also it makes mystery pays,,,,,like it will pay off 9 coins,,which isnt even on the menu,,,,for a bar  bar  blank........the nicad batery is okay at over 3 volts......is this something a novice could address,,or can i send this board somewhere to be shopped,,thanks for any help,,,,all the dip switches are set the same on both boards so i know thats right,,,,,most people are happy to have one good board,,me too,,but if theres a chance of fixing the other one,,id like to try..
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 08:48:58 PM »

The first question I have is; Are you using the same chips on both cpu boards or do they each have their own?
Sounds like they both have their own chips and the one cpu has the wrong game chip installed. Each game has a specific game chip that tells the cpu where the symbols are on the reel. Wrong game chip and nothing matches up.

Try this, turn on your machine and open the door and press the green test button 9 times. In the win meter you will see flashing numbers, five sets. Write down the five sets of numbers and post them.
Then put in your other cpu, turn on the machine and do the same as above.

The numbers will be something like 98601 90040, 98631, 90004, 91200. These are just examples.

Post these numbers and I can look them up and tell you what chips you have and what % payback they are set for.

Jim
bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 12:01:55 AM »

aha,,,,,,thanks jim  ill do this tommorrow and post the results,,,great,,,,,,each cpu has its own set of chips,,,,,,
bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 09:31:57 AM »

ok...wow its great to talk with people who really know their stuff,,,,,on the chips...the good board has   98601...90041...98758...90008...91200..........the insane board has,,,,,,98601...90041...<98757>....<90018>.....91200.....are the right chips for this game available?,,,,and where on the board are they.....?......im gonna chip in thru paypal for some bandwith,,i really like this site,,and the helpful tech on here,,thanks,,,,
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »

ok...wow its great to talk with people who really know their stuff,,,,,on the chips...the good board has   98601...90041...98758...90008...91200..........the insane board has,,,,,,98601...90041...<98757>....<90018>.....91200.....are the right chips for this game available?,,,,and where on the board are they.....?......im gonna chip in thru paypal for some bandwith,,i really like this site,,and the helpful tech on here,,thanks,,,,

Ok, here's what you have;
The 9's at the beginning of each number is the test number.
The first two sets are the System chip number    8601.0041    The 0041 is which version. Different jurisdictions required different types of record keeping, like Nevada requires this and New Jersey requires something else, so different versions of System chips.
The second two sets are 8758.0008  The 8758 identifies it as a 3-coin Wild Bar game. This is the one that works ok, right? The 0008 identifies the % payback and this one is 91.60%. They run from 98.29% to 85.93%, so yours is almost in the middle.
The (9)1200 is the credit limit of the machine, which is 1200. You can increase it to 2500, just ask and I'll tell you how.

In summary,   Wild Bar 3-coin game, chip #8758.0008
                     System chip                      #8601.0041

Now the other chips.
                    Joker 7-Bar-5-Bar game chip # 8757.0018  is a 90.177% payback chip for this game (Joker 7-Bar, 5-Bar) Not your game!
                     System Chip                       # 8601.0041 Same as your other System chip.

Universal used the same System chip for several different games at a time. There are several different System chips throughout the years for several games! Speaking of years, Universal used the year of development for the chip numbers. So the system chip came out in 1986 and you game chips in 1987.

If you take the cover off your board case you will see the board has numbers along one side and letters along the other. At location 1A should be a raised sub-board, they made two styles. Next to that at location 2A is the game chip. On most boards it is a 24-pin chip in a 28-pin socket. The System chip is at location 4A. The 3A eprom socket is empty.
At location 4M is your sound chip and location 3M should be empty.

I will later post what those eight dip switches on the raised sub-board at location 1A are for.

bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »

that explains exactly whats goin on,,,,,,,yes...the machine is a wild bar and works great on the ic's i listed first,,,,,i found this chip in position 2a,,,,,,and its marked with a paper tag on both cpus,,,,,,is there any place i could get an 8758.0008 chip?,,,,,,,,this way i could have a good spare cpu......also.....if anyone needs an 8757.0018..its not doin me any good...lmk....while were talkin about this wild bar.....theres an irritating hum coming from the speaker,,,,sometimes bearly audible and other times rather loud,,,,,,i think i saw this problem listed but now i cant seem to find it,,,,,it doesnt affect the machines operation,,,,,i dont know what it is about this universal slot,,,,,,its already my favorite machine and it just looks good ,,works great,,,,,feels good when you pull the handle....whoever designened this thing had the right idea....thanks for all the help///j stitt....
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 10:26:24 PM »

I checked my chip library and I do not have any Wild Bar chips (8758). Do have a few 8757's  Duh!

Doubt any vendors here have your chip either.
What you can do is buy an eprom burner and copy your file as a backup. Then you could burn a copy on another chip and also have a file backup.
You have to be careful when removing chips if you do decide to remove them. With Universals, best to remove the board from the case and then remove the chips. I use an IC puller picked up at Radio Shack. Cheap and easy.
Don't want to bend any pins!

The excessive static from the speakers could be caused by many things, a bad ground or the flouresent lighting, or what I found once, the handle solenoid. Try disconnecting the handle solenoid, a two wire connector, think the wires are blue. If that doesn't do it then try disconnecting the lights one at a time. Or the volume pot could be dirty. Have to try process of elimination.
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 10:43:09 PM »

On that sub-board.

Set dips #1, #2, #3 to ON and your credit limit is 2500. Right now they should be #1 OFF, and #2 & #3 ON, this is for 1200 coin limit.

Dip #4 allows you to select whether you want wins to immediatley payout or go to credit, or always go to credit. Set dip #4 ON to have all wins go to credit. Set dip #4 to OFF and you need to press the cashout button before playing to have wins go to credit. If you don't press the cashout all wins are paid by hopper.

Don't touch dips #5, #6, and #7. #5 determines type of coin-in optics, #6 the hopper type, and #7 the handle optic type.

Dip #8 ON lets the MAX Bet Button start the reels, OFF and you need to press SPIN to start reels. Best to leave it ON, makes no sense to me to have it OFF.

After making any changes you must perform a RAM clear for the changes to take effect.
bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 08:52:11 AM »

thanks for all the great advice,,,,,,my next door neighbor is a techno computer wiz,,,and ...im gonna breeze this eprom burner idea past him later today.......the dip switch info is appreciated,,,,,,information that you guys have is nOT in the manual anywhere,,,,,that i could find anyway,,,,,,the noise thing,,good idea,,at least i have a place to start,,,,,,,
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 01:13:31 AM »

thanks for all the great advice,,,,,,my next door neighbor is a techno computer wiz,,,and ...im gonna breeze this eprom burner idea past him later today.......the dip switch info is appreciated,,,,,,information that you guys have is nOT in the manual anywhere,,,,,that i could find anyway,,,,,,the noise thing,,good idea,,at least i have a place to start,,,,,,,

Eprom burners cost around $75 for the basic model. Something like the GQ-3X works well for Universal board chips. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-True-USB-EPROM-Universal-Programmer-GQ-3X-Laptop-BIOS-FLASH-Ship-Canada-/310423401316?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item4846ad3364

The game chip is a 24-pin 2732. The System chip is a 27128 or 27c128.
You can program other size chips and use them if you can not find, say, the 2732's. If your eprom socket at location 2A has 28 pin holes you could use a 27128 instead of a 2732.
Anyways, it's not hard at all, can walk you through it if you decide to go that route.

Jim
bindlesniff
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 07:38:20 AM »

thanks jim.....i spoke to my neighbor,,,now i have to decide something,,,,,,he had a good point,,,,,,getting the burner and the blank chip is the easy part,,,he said something that makes me wonder if i dont wanna hold off till i source a correct chip somewhere or other,,which could be never,,,,what he said was,,,what if we bend... break or booger up the good chip in the process of removing it,,copying it,,,,or reinstalling it,,,,something i have to say,,,,,,i didnt think of,,,,,,that chip has been sitting in there for 26 years,,,,,,i play this machine everyday,,,,,,i have 5 other machines,,,,this ones my favorite,,,if it goes down,,,for the big sleep.....my wife might have to throw me and the machine out,,,,sooo,,,ill have to give this some thought,,thanks for the info,,!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.