Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:22:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal double jackpot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal double jackpot  (Read 4172 times)
Frederick
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 11, 2013, 09:27:59 PM »

Need help with a universal DJ. When a jackpot is hit the machine reads hopper empty.
Cleaned out the hopper of coins and tried again and after a jackpot again reads hopper empty. I hear a humming sound but no coins are despenced. Does the solenoid ever come loose and should I take the back off or should I remove the cover of the hopper and look for coin jam? Thanks for any guidance.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:23:56 AM »

1st thing your should have done was look for a jam  , did it ever payout coins?
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 10:50:50 AM »

Check for a coin jam or any item obstructing the hopper, another possibility is that a component has finally bit the dust but check for coin jams/obstructions first and report back Smiley
jbshocks

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 02:51:03 PM »

for the hopper to report empty usually it spins for like 30 seconds and when it never counts a coin i shows empty.  I assume it has coins. 
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 08:44:56 PM »

Need help with a universal DJ. When a jackpot is hit the machine reads hopper empty.
Cleaned out the hopper of coins and tried again and after a jackpot again reads hopper empty. I hear a humming sound but no coins are despenced. Does the solenoid ever come loose and should I take the back off or should I remove the cover of the hopper and look for coin jam? Thanks for any guidance.
Yes, take the top/back cover off. (I am assuming you have the standard dark green metal hopper.) There is a solenoid that pulls the "coin kicker" out of the way when dispensing coins. If the kicker does not get out of the way the hopper motor turns but no coins come out, they are kicked back into the hopper.
What you can do is remove the cover and pull the hopper out so you can see the solenoid but leave it plugged into the machine. Open the door and press the green test button four (4) times and the machine will try to dispense 10 coins. Make sure the motor is turning the coin disk and then check the solenoid that pulls the kicker.
The solenoid should draw in the bracket attached to the kicker.
It might be gummed up. A little lube or WD-40 on the solenoid slide bar might be all it needs. Try sliding the bracket back and forth and see if it is sticky.
Frederick
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 01:02:46 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions. By the green button are you referring to the button on the hopper?
Thanks
Fred
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions. By the green button are you referring to the button on the hopper?
Thanks
Fred

Open the machines door and look at the top right, you should see a green and red button, press the green button 4 times...

Also, if your machine doesn't have any buttons on the right side look under the reels between the hopper and the shelf the reels sit on, the button should be present.

uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »

I sent you a pm. As stated above it is the green test button next to the meters and volume knob, and next to the red service button too.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.