Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:04:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  universal being strange any help please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: universal being strange any help please  (Read 3725 times)
smush
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: September 01, 2013, 09:15:39 PM »

can not clear codes on a ultra  the codes read 31-50-19 any ideas.
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 01:58:34 AM »

The 19 is no problem, just showing the ram was cleared, it will stay on until game is played. The 50 is door open and/or unlocked. The grey U-shaped optic next to door lock needs to be blinded, I use black tape, and the door closed. The machine sees the door closed by the white push switch closing it's contacts (pushed in). Then the 50 should change to a 51, which means the door was unlocked and/or opened. Like the 19, the 51 will stay flashing until game is played and does not prevent play.

Now the 31. It says OVERPAY, but what it really means is the board does not see the hopper optic in it's normal state. It could be a coin jam, or it could be the hopper is not plugged in correctly, or, and most likely in my experience, the board is not seated properly into the backplane. This is a common problem with this board. Check your hopper first.

Get the door open/unlocked code 50 to change to 51 by blinding the optic and you can pull out the white switch knob by hand and it will simulate the door closed, that way the door is still open so you can troubleshoot.
Once you get to 19, 51, and 31, then slightly rock the board left to right with your thumbs pushing on the white pull tabs on the board. DO NOT pull the board out or in with power on! Only rock it a little and watch for the TILT light to go out.

What I also do is spray the board pins with contact cleaner and then the backplane too. Insert the board a couple of times in/out while still wet. WITH POWER OFF. After it drys try the machine again. These boards are very touchy and contact is easily lost when the machine is moved or board replaced.

Your almost there!
smush

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:43:07 PM »

add another one to your list this machine has life just turned it on and it was ready to play thanks for your help people are right on about who to talk to on these old universal machines.
thanks again  any reason the bill part wont work it only has 2 red lights on.

uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 08:47:37 PM »

add another one to your list this machine has life just turned it on and it was ready to play thanks for your help people are right on about who to talk to on these old universal machines.
thanks again  any reason the bill part wont work it only has 2 red lights on.

Ah, the bill validator. Your a real glutten for punishment!  rotflmao

First let me tell you when it is working it will only take the real older 5's, 10's 20's. I mean 1990's bills. But it will take 1's no problem. What you can do is set it up as pennies and every dollar will be 100 credits, your hopper would still be quarters or whatever.

Now, I'm pretty sure yours is disabled by the boards dip switches because chances are you would seen error codes in the 90's already!

So, if your brave enough to try it here is what you do;

Pull the board
On DIP SW5 (front right) turn on #1, leave 3-4 OFF.
On DIP SW3 turn ON #5.
If you want penny credits, turn ON #1 and #2, #3, and #4 OFF (Still on DIP SW3)
If you want quarters, turn #1 and #3 ON, #2 and #4 OFF. Anything else let me know.
Reinsert board and perform RAM clear on powerup. The BV is now activated.
Hopefully no errors, but list them if you get them.
smush

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 02:33:50 PM »

your right got error 95 cash box is in.
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 12:33:07 AM »

your right got error 95 cash box is in.
There are four wires that go to the back of the bv case. They can be jumpered to avoid errors like 95.
I will need to revisit the jumper idea as it has been awhile since I've done it.
Also error 99 for cashbox door is actually the belly glass and frame. There is a cherry switch under the light ballasts that can be jumpered too.
For error 95 make sure the cashcan is in all the way and locked in. They will often side back out a 1/4 inch and cause the error.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.