Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:40:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  How You Like My Universal - Got It Cheap
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How You Like My Universal - Got It Cheap  (Read 11942 times)
Tbone
« on: June 05, 2009, 09:28:56 PM »

Well I picked this up today for cheap.
I took it home and got it working (Thanks to the things I learned from you guys)
It has an error 50 on it (Open Door) That's because the door lock was popped (They did not have the keys, so they broke into it)
It works great but I want to know where I can get some Universal keys from. It is missing the Main key, JP key and the Meter Reading key.
Right now all the credits go to the LCD display. Looks like the coin mech is good (Red light is on) I guess I need to set it to take coins, to see if the hopper is good. I wished it had a DBV on it!! Oh well...

Hell I am not sure what Uni it is. It say model Y 89 on the side.
I wished I could find them this cheap all the time. lol!

Thanks!
Troy

* Uni Front.jpg (57.68 KB, 800x600 - viewed 240 times.)

* Uni Front 2.jpg (62.78 KB, 800x600 - viewed 226 times.)
Tbone
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 09:29:20 PM »

The inside Pic

* Uni inside.jpg (83.34 KB, 800x600 - viewed 256 times.)
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 09:59:11 PM »

Hello!

The error 50 just means the door was opened.  You won't get that cleared until you get the door closed and spin the reels.  There is an optic on the door itself (circled in red) that watches the lock mechanism to tell when the door is closed.  I believe the machine also watches the cherry push switch on the cabinet side (circled in red).  SO, if you remove the lock, pull out the cherry switch (just pull on the white stick - don't remove it) and manually move the locking mechanism - you can fool the machine into thinking the door is closed.  You should be able to use any standard  lock on the door itself - would probably be easier to just replace it then try to find a key.

My Universal used the standard 2541 jackpot reset key - so if you have one from another machine, give it a try in the Universal.

Dan #2

* d1.jpg (102.67 KB, 800x600 - viewed 261 times.)

* p2.JPG (90.13 KB, 800x600 - viewed 248 times.)

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 10:32:10 PM »

Very nice machine ENJOY!!!!

Tbone
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 11:39:59 PM »

Hello!

The error 50 just means the door was opened.  You won't get that cleared until you get the door closed and spin the reels.  There is an optic on the door itself (circled in red) that watches the lock mechanism to tell when the door is closed.  I believe the machine also watches the cherry push switch on the cabinet side (circled in red).  SO, if you remove the lock, pull out the cherry switch (just pull on the white stick - don't remove it) and manually move the locking mechanism - you can fool the machine into thinking the door is closed.  You should be able to use any standard  lock on the door itself - would probably be easier to just replace it then try to find a key.

My Universal used the standard 2541 jackpot reset key - so if you have one from another machine, give it a try in the Universal.

Dan #2

Thanks Dan!!

That helped me a lot!
I guess I need to find me a Universal used the standard 2541 jackpot reset key (I don't have one)
I need to replace that other lock too. I see the optic on the door. The metal part will not slide down, so it thinks the door is still open.
I still can play it, I got the coin mech to take nickels and it gives me credits. I just can't get the hopper to come on and cash out when I hit the cash out button.

Thanks for the help!
Troy
Tbone
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 02:27:59 AM »

Well I got the open door error to go away. I put some folded up paper in optics in the door.
I replaced the other 2 optics on the right hand side. Held reset on the MPU and turned the machine on, closed door and played a coin. I cashed out and the hopper worked great.

Thanks for the help!! (Man you guys F'en rock!!)
Troy
dpalmi

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 02:32:07 AM »

This is the kind of key I'm talking about - 2341 - sorry, I put the wrong # in first.  It should also work with your IGT slant.

eBay Jackpot Reset Keys

Dan #2

* Jackpot key.jpg (21.74 KB, 400x284 - viewed 201 times.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:48:35 PM by StatFreak » Logged

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

Tbone
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 02:44:44 AM »

This is the kind of key I'm talking about - 2341 - sorry, I put the wrong # in first.  It should also work with your IGT slant.

eBay Jackpot Reset Keys

Dan #2

Mine don't look like, my JP key looks like the same one that opens the door. (We call them Coke machine keys..lol!)

Thanks!
Troy
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:49:33 PM by StatFreak » Logged
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 06:23:41 AM »

What model Universal is that?  What years were these made?
I have one like it, but all the glass is smashed, the cord looks like it was put through a shredder,
the top box light assembly is disassembled, the game board is missing and the laminate is coming off the top and back.
I still can't get rid of it though. Other than the glass, missing parts, cord  and laminate it looks decent.
I just bought a kit from April titled World series of slots.  I don't know if it is that great of a game, but it came with the game board,
so I thought I would fix this machine soon.  Also, can someone tell me what model and voltage the coin comparitor is?
Are these machines reliable?
Thanks,
Eric
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »

Universal used the barrel style locks for jackpot reset and meter reading.
The comparitor is a 24v CC-16.
Look for the two gray wires going to the lockout coil. CC-16's that are 12 volt have green wires to the lockout coil.

* cc-16-24v.jpg (81.88 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 232 times.)
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 10:11:04 PM »

What model Universal is that?  What years were these made?
I have one like it, but all the glass is smashed, the cord looks like it was put through a shredder,
the top box light assembly is disassembled, the game board is missing and the laminate is coming off the top and back.
I still can't get rid of it though. Other than the glass, missing parts, cord  and laminate it looks decent.
I just bought a kit from April titled World series of slots.  I don't know if it is that great of a game, but it came with the game board,
so I thought I would fix this machine soon.  Also, can someone tell me what model and voltage the coin comparitor is?
Are these machines reliable?
Thanks,
Eric
"Are these machines reliable?"
Well, like any machine, if taken care of, yes.
Sounds like yours was trashed!

Eric, did you get that World Series of Slots kit yet? If you did, does it fit your machine? Universal made narrow machines too, and that kit (I saw it on eBay) looked like it belonged to a narrow style machine.
Tbone
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 10:21:41 PM »

I wished he would post a pic of his machine. I would love to see the before and after.
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 11:27:19 PM »

Tbone,
Let's see what chips you have in that Jokers Wild.
With the machine on, press the green test button 9 times.
Now look at your win meter. There will be five sets of numbers flashing. All beginning with the number nine. (The test number)
Should be something like;  98901

They will repeat over and over until you close the door or press the yellow reset. Write them down and post them. I can then tell you your percent payback on your machine. Also will help identify sound chips that can be used.

Uniman
Tbone
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 11:34:17 PM »

Tbone,
Let's see what chips you have in that Jokers Wild.
With the machine on, press the green test button 9 times.
Now look at your win meter. There will be five sets of numbers flashing. All beginning with the number nine. (The test number)
Should be something like;  98901

They will repeat over and over until you close the door or press the yellow reset. Write them down and post them. I can then tell you your percent payback on your machine. Also will help identify sound chips that can be used.

Uniman

It says:

Do I have a good one or a bad one? LOL!
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 11:46:27 PM »

Ok, your machine chip is 8601.0041
Your game chip is         8755.0048
And your credit limit is    1200

Your game chip has a lousy 87% payback. And I have no chips for this game so I can't recommend a better chip. And I don't have the exact machine chip either which I would need to check the various sound chips.  hissy fit

But it is a nice looking machine. The decal on the left of the reels that shows the 1200 credit limit looks new. Usually they are yellowed like the "Play 3 Coins" decal. I don't know where to find new decals either.
Tbone
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 12:33:10 AM »

Ok, your machine chip is 8601.0041
Your game chip is         8755.0048
And your credit limit is    1200

Your game chip has a lousy 87% payback. And I have no chips for this game so I can't recommend a better chip. And I don't have the exact machine chip either which I would need to check the various sound chips.  hissy fit

But it is a nice looking machine. The decal on the left of the reels that shows the 1200 credit limit looks new. Usually they are yellowed like the "Play 3 Coins" decal. I don't know where to find new decals either.

Hahahaha! Just like in Vegas!!
So will the reels play sound?
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 01:11:36 AM »

No reel sound with your current setup.  hissy fit
There is no turning it off/on. You either have it or you don't.
I'm not sure what sound chips are compatable with your machine chip as I don't have that version of machine chip to test.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »

Does it still produce a stop sound if there are no reel spin sounds?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 10:13:59 PM »

Does it still produce a stop sound if there are no reel spin sounds?

Yes, they all produce a stop sound through the sound chip.
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 04:50:49 PM »

Thanks for the info Uniman. I have a bunch of 24v comparitors, so I can use those.
The kit I bought was on Ebay.  I didn't know that there were different size glass sets.  Duh!
My machine's top isn't very tall.  As for width, I don't know. If it isn't the right size maybe
I can find somebody to trade the kit with. I am trying to figure out how to get the picture I have of it off of
my new phone.  I haven't received the kit in the mail yet, but am more anxious than ever because of the glass size issue.
I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks,
Eric
Tbone
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 03:44:27 AM »

Well I finely hit a big pay-out and got to hear the sound it makes.
I hit a Joker Joker 7 and it played this fun sounding big top circus music.
I think 88% of the fun of playing slots is the sound, the other percent is winning.

One day when I am not poor, I am going to buy a video slot that has full sound and stuff.

Thanks guys
Troy

I hope when I get my S+ Triple Diamond fixed it has reel sounds.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.