Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:58:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Universal jackpot reset key
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Universal jackpot reset key  (Read 10897 times)
Ron and Deb
« on: January 30, 2010, 01:33:59 PM »

I have 2 universal dollar machines, used 2 to make one.  I am in real need of a Jackpot reset key.  I am tired of doing the Ram clear every time we hit a Jackpot.  Any one know where I can get one.  Or if I can switch one out with some other kind of Switch.
Thanks Deb
uniman
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »

Tired of doing a ram clear?  Scratch Head  You just push a button!  Ok, so you have to open the door and rack your knuckles on the hopper while getting to that button. It is nice to have the key.  rotflmao
What is the credit limit on your machine?

I think Jim at BlueRidge Slots may have the keys.

You can also use a SPTT (Single Pole - Triple Throw) or SPCO toggle switch. This switch has a center OFF and two different ON's. (black wire on center pole)
Ron and Deb
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 03:45:07 PM »

Thanks so much for your fast reply.  Can't get hand between Board and Hopper, have to pull the hopper every time.  We are new to working on slots.  I think the credit limit is 500 coins.  The outside of the machine shows Pays up to 500 coins balance payed by attendant.  Its dollar slot, hopper is not full, only have 50 dollars in it, we are trying to find tokens for it.  The coin comparator is a dollar one not the one you can slide a coin in.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 04:08:03 PM »

You know...you're only teasing us without pictures!  Tongue Out

Pplease show off your machine to us! smiley drool obsessed drool Jumping for Joey
Ron and Deb
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 04:59:17 PM »

Im trying to post pic but it tells me its to large
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/  add picture,set the max to a 1000 and best. Save the picture and then we can see  wave
Ron and Deb
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »

Your the bomb Randy.  Here you go stayouttadabunker
The Flamingo is the one we got working, Stars and stripes needs some wiring replaced, we pulled all the coin mechanism out of the Stars and Stripes and put it in the Flamingo,  Paid 150.00 for the Flamingo and 50.00 for the Stars and stripes.  Having a blast tinkering and learning.

* Flamingo.jpg (164.27 KB, 750x1000 - viewed 494 times.)

* Stars & Stripes.jpg (185.2 KB, 750x1000 - viewed 398 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 06:26:25 PM »

Awesome pictures!!
Have you had a chance to see what MPU boards those have?
If it the 8116_A2 boards, those are original and made around 1985!
The number would be etched right into the middle of the board
Those machines are considered antiques in a number of U.S. States now!
okay, maybe not antiques...but at least qualifying for the 25 year laws.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:33:23 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Ron and Deb
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 06:53:14 PM »

Have not had a chance to look.  Your talking about the board on the left side brown case that slides in ans out right?   We are new at this remember LOL.  The guy we got the Flamingo from said it was a 1984. And the other fellow that we got the stars and stripes from said it was a 1984 or 1985
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »

Yes, but don't remove the board until the power is off.
Same thing when you put it back in.
I stayed at the Flamingo in 1991.
I thought they had different colored top glasses to match the belly glass,
but it's been a long time...
Those machines are not made anymore...it's a gem!
Should you ever decide to part with that machine, please let me know!
I am very interested in the first Universals that came out with those particular boards at the moment!
The numbers on the boards may be 8116-A2 or 8116-A3! yes
It would very interesting if there were NO piggybacks installed onto those boards like the original boards.
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 07:33:21 PM »

Your Flamingo game is Magnificent 7's. Game number 8552.
Universal did not stamp the date of manufacture until about 1993. So knowing the exact date of manufacture is hard to do.
The reel strips should have a copywrite date and I believe Mag-7's is 1986.

You can increase the credit limit to 2500 coins by changing the dips on the piggyback board located at the 1A position on your MPU. (The board in the cage on the left of your hopper)
There are 8 dip switches on this board. Switches #1, #2, #3 determine credit limit. Right now they should be #1-OFF, #2-OFF, #3-ON. If you put all three to ON, then your credit limit is 2500 coins. A RAM clear is needed after changing dip switches.

If you open the door and press the green test button 9 times you will see five sets of repeating numbers, the first will be 98601. The 9 is the test number, the 8601 is the machine chip number. (AKA Series number) The second number is the machine chip version number. The third will be 98552, the game number, the forth will be the game chip percentage number. Give me this number and I can cross-reference it to the payout percentage. The fifth number will be 90500, the credit limit of 500.
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »

Yes, but don't remove the board until the power is off.
Same thing when you put it back in.
I stayed at the Flamingo in 1991.
I thought they had different colored top glasses to match the belly glass,
but it's been a long time...
Those machines are not made anymore...it's a gem!
Should you ever decide to part with that machine, please let me know!
I am very interested in the first Universals that came out with those particular boards at the moment!
The numbers on the boards may be 8116-A2 or 8116-A3! yes
It would very interesting if there were NO piggybacks installed onto those boards like the original boards.
Their board has a piggyback board at 1A. Without this board the credit limit is 239 coins. They have a 500 credit limit.
8116-A2 boards all came with a paper decal serial number on the board. Many fall off over time. .I have an 8116-A2 board where all the eprom sockets are 24-pin. Extra pins were added at postion 4A to accommodate the 27128 machine chip (28 pins) The serial number is U003219.  A very early 8116-A2.
Universal appears to use date of development as model numbers. So the 8116 would be a 1981 developed board. In fact I was told the older pre-1984 skill stop Uni's used the 8116.

Also, playing games that have credit ability will create intermittent errors without the piggyback board in place. I think Universal switched all their early non-credit games to credit selectable.
Ron and Deb
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 03:24:08 AM »

Hey All
Blue Ridge Slot's hooked me up with a reset key.  Very reasonable price if you ask me.   Hubby hit the jackpot tonight so he got a chance to use it and it works perfectly applause
Thanks
Deb
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 09:24:11 AM »

Hey All
Blue Ridge Slot's hooked me up with a reset key.  Very reasonable price if you ask me.   Hubby hit the jackpot tonight so he got a chance to use it and it works perfectly applause
Thanks
Deb

Congratulations! Why not post a picture of the jackpot hit in our "Best Hits at Home" thread so that we can all drool over it. Jumping for Joey

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 12:33:31 AM »

Hey All
Thanks
Deb
That's great!
Magnificent 7's is a nice game.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.