Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:31:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  IGT Stand alone Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  mini-photon help needed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mini-photon help needed  (Read 3917 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: June 15, 2011, 04:49:24 PM »

Ok, I had this working once and now I am totally lost. I tried to use some of the pictures posted and have run into my first question. What connector is the LED display supposed to go to? I can only get it to display something (besides a decimal point) if I connect it to J64. But in one picture I saw it connected to J65.

Now, I can not get this set up. Here is what I did so far. This is a SP1048.

Dip switch 5 = on (progressive enable/dissable)
DIP switch 6 = off (high low progressive) ??
DIP switch 7 = off (double single progressive) ??

Not sure about 6 & 7, but I'm pretty sure that is how they were before.

Next I put in a SET 058 and went to option 9_1. On the first setting, I was able to use the spin button and reset key to enter a number. I assume this was the starting $ amount. The next 9_2 option I left it blank. On 9_3 00.00 was displayed. I made a WAG that this was the increment amount and set it to $0.01.

I put the game chip back in and cleared the errors. I then went into the self thest where I was able to verify these numbers when I got to the 9_x pages again.

I exited the self test and all I get on the display is a decimal point.  Scratch Head

poppo

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 05:08:12 PM »

I tried to start over. Using the set chip, I set the following 9_x options

9_1 1275.00
9_2 1275.00
9_3 00.01 (only 4 digits are displayed here)
9_4 1275.00

Now when I put the game chip back in, I get 1275.00 on the display, but it does not increment when I play.

On a side note, I am not sure about this option:

Progressive Option
Selection <0> [31]   This page is displayed only if DIP switch 5 is set for progressive (on position).  Determines the type of progressive for the primary level.  If DIP switch 7 is set for double-level progressive (on position), the secondary level also can be set in this page.  The options are:  both levels link progressive {01}, primary-level link progressive, secondary-level standalone progressive {02}, both levels standalone progressive {03}, and primary-level standalone progressive, secondary-level link progressive {04}.

It seem like I have to have it set to 3 in order to get the 9_x options with the set chip.
poppo

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:57:44 PM »

Ok, I think I got it figured out. It would have helped if I had turned the page on the PSR Duh!

With the set chip the 9_x options are as follows

9_1 = reset value (now set to $1000.00)
9_2 = max progressive (now set to $10000.00
9_3 = percentage (this is the tricky one that was really screwing me up. Because it is displayed as 00.00. So it had to be set to 04.00 to give 4% of the denomination or 1 cent. I thought it was a dollar amount. So my original 00.01 was going to take a lot of pulls to add 1 cent) frying pan
9_4 = starting value (now set to $1275.00)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »

yeah...that [9-3] setting IS a tricky one.
I was wondering why it wasn't working (incrementing)  when I first got one.
Not only until I changed that [9-3] to like 67.89%,  I got the numbers to spin like nuts...!!!  arrow
Of all the settings, I find that's the one setting I fooled around with the most.  yes
poppo

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 06:39:40 PM »

Of course NOW I find the notes that I made the last time I had it connected where I wrote about the percentage thing.  arrow
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:38:39 AM »

lol   that's like car keys, lighters, certain small metric bolts but never money... rotflmao
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.