Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:18:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  IGT Stand alone Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  when do gaming machines update progressive
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: when do gaming machines update progressive  (Read 6991 times)
zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« on: September 09, 2011, 06:14:57 PM »

is it
when coins are registered (bet)
or
when game starts (spin pressed)
or
when game finishes

poppo
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »

My S+ does it as you bet/drop in coins.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »

My S2000 does it sometime after you hit the spin button and before the reels stop.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »

With Universal slots it is when credits are played. And I would think this would apply to all platforms. Poppo you said bet/drop in coins. I would think that just dropping in coins would not credit to the progressive until they are played.
Of course dropping in coins would not be refundable and would be played anyways. (unless you played one too many and it got thru, then it would be refunded-IGT machines)

To answer the question I would say when the game starts (spin pressed)  WRONG! see below
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:51:28 AM by uniman » Logged
poppo

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:34:15 PM »

Poppo you said bet/drop in coins. I would think that just dropping in coins would not credit to the progressive until they are played.

Nope. It does it each time the bet button is pressed (or max bet) or as coins are inserted. Works the same way on both of my S+ machines. These machines both have mini-photons. Maybe it works different for other progressive types.

And I just double checked.

It also works that way for my home-brew progressive that uses the progressive out signal. So the signal is sent as each bet/coin is registered.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:46:14 PM by poppo » Logged
poppo

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »

Maybe for others it is because of the odometer speed setting that it is still updating while the game is spinning.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »

Agreed with Poppo's findings for the S+.  As you mentioned, Uniman, once the coins are dropped into an S+ (or the Bet 1 button is pressed), they can't be taken back/refunded.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 08:57:17 PM »

.... (unless you played one too many and it got thru, then it would be refunded-IGT machines)

On the S+ if you drop in too many coins (and are not using a chip that puts extra coins to credits) the extra coin will either fall to the tray, or if you were faster than the diverter, it will spit it back out after the spin. In either case, it does not add to the progressive.

zarobhr,
Out of curiosity, why did you ask?
zarobhr

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 09:44:08 PM »

for my sas progressive portion of my SAS program.
right now heres what happens when i start the program

1. AFT Registration inquiry to get the asset number of machine
2. turn on real time event reporting
3. Get Extended_Game_Info and pull progressive group number from it.

then in my loop
every 3 seconds updates sas progressives on all machines. (pulls progressive amount from SQL for all levels useded based on group) on multidom needs 4 levels when using sas)
every 15 minutes i do (0F) and record meters to SQL
if cash cans are pulled then meters are pulled again and noted that it was a drop

as games are played

when game started (7E) i get denomination and coins played and then update the SQL DB by using a single command that adds the increment based on denom and coins played and references  the progressive group number
i could do this after game starts or after game finishes but cant get denom when coin inserted.

i am then outting a small flat screen on wall above slots and it will be connected to a laptop that will read the progressive amount from the DB and have some type of fancy display to show the different or most active progressives on the screen for multiple machines
zarobhr

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 09:45:38 PM »

.... (unless you played one too many and it got thru, then it would be refunded-IGT machines)

On the S+ if you drop in too many coins (and are not using a chip that puts extra coins to credits) the extra coin will either fall to the tray, or if you were faster than the diverter, it will spit it back out after the spin. In either case, it does not add to the progressive.

zarobhr,
Out of curiosity, why did you ask?
my s2000 ST with older SG chips did the refund and wouldnt let me add more credits, changed to SG000363 and lost that feature
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 12:49:20 AM »

Poppo you said bet/drop in coins. I would think that just dropping in coins would not credit to the progressive until they are played.

Nope. It does it each time the bet button is pressed (or max bet) or as coins are inserted. Works the same way on both of my S+ machines. These machines both have mini-photons. Maybe it works different for other progressive types.

And I just double checked.

It also works that way for my home-brew progressive that uses the progressive out signal. So the signal is sent as each bet/coin is registered.
That's what I get for not checking first!    Silly Me! Silly Me!
Dug one of my Mikohn's out and tested. Uni's, like IGT, are pulsed to the meter with coin-in, bet one, or max bet.

Thought for sure it was on initiation of a spin. Guess that came from always hitting the max bet button.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:40:38 AM by uniman » Logged
zarobhr

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 12:53:45 AM »

thanks guys, i will have to have mine on the spin (game start) so that i can retrieve denomination and coins get for that game, since these are multidenom machines

on single denom machines i could use coin in but so since having 2 logic paths
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 03:11:33 AM »

The S2000 either signals the link progressive or updates a stand alone progressive after game play is initiated by the spin button, handle or bet max.

This is true with SG000362, SG000363, SG000598 The only Game (GME) sets I have used with progressive.

As Poppo stated the S+ does it as you bet each credit or insert a coin that counts towards a single game play.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:18:39 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.