Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:13:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  IGT Stand alone Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Question on S+ series machine
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question on S+ series machine  (Read 14274 times)
Mdpokersupply
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 09:44:01 PM »

Thanks for the info, I'll just make the bypass using shrink tubing like you did and that should help me with the troubleshooting.
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 10:04:39 PM »

Hello all!

Now - I haven't owned a S+ for awhile, but I broke the wire off my emitter once and used the instructions below to bypass the door optics with just a wire until I could get a replacement.  Now I make no promises this will work or won't do any damage if used long term - but it worked for me.  I did not write these instructions and I no longer have a S+ to try them again - so your mileage may vary.....

If someone tests or tries this - let us know what you find....

Good luck!

Dan #2

This procedure allows you to completely bypass the S+ door optics. Please DO NOT use this procedure UNLESS it is absolutely necessary to get your machine working. THIS IS FOR MEDIUM TO ADVANCED SLOT MACHINE OWNERS- If you are NOT comfortable making this modification then STOP NOW!

• Open the machines main door and then remove the coin tray by grasping both sides of the tray and lifting up and then out towards you.
• Remove the hopper assembly. This will give you a clear access view of the back of the machine and the wire harnesses that are plugged into the processor board and bottom main board.
• At the back of the machine you will see 4 clusters of wires (Harnesses) each plugged in separately to the topside of the processor board. These plugs are white. You need to look for the largest of the 4 plugs. It will be located the 2nd one to the right counting from the very left side of the machine.
Find the black and purple striped colored wire that is located within that cluster of wires (Largest plug, 2nd connection from the left)

Once you have located the black & Purple wire you need to cut it a few inches ABOVE the white connector plug so that you can strip the insulation back to expose the bare wires on the connection side.

<<<< NOTE >>>>>
I did not splice this wire - I just used a straightened paper clip pushed into the top of the Molex plug along with the wire still in there...hard to explain - but worked well....

Now you will need a separate piece of wire that is about 2 feet long in order to make a splice connection between the optic sensors. Strip both ends of insulation to expose the bare wires on each end, then twist one end onto the black & Purple wire that you stripped previously.

The other end of this splice wire will connect to the RED Colored wire of the optic door sensor.

This will complete the bypass procedure for the IGT S+ Door Optics Sensor circuit and should allow the game to be reset and you should be able to play the machine. Keep in mind that this procedure should only be used as a TEMPORARY means of resetting the machine allowing game play however this circuit will need to be disconnected momentarily in order to clear any error conditions on the machine such as a hopper fill or coin jam. You can optionally install a more permanent fix by using a "normally open" switch that is available in the aftermarket from electronics retail stores such as Radio Shack, Fry’s Electronics Etc:

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.