Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:07:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  IGT Stand alone Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  S+ machine and 3100 code????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ machine and 3100 code????  (Read 6544 times)
Mdpokersupply
« on: July 25, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »

Ok,
 So, I've been working on these two machines and everything was working good until I tried a new hopper (which worked fine) in one of the machines and an error code of 3100 came up along with the "change" light flashing. These machines are just weird. I've tried to clear the code with a clear chip, ran through the set chip setup and still nothing.  Scratch Head anybody have any ideas? I'm new to these machine, but not electronics (16yrs as a bench tech for various industries, but not gaming).
Steve
Mdpokersupply
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »

Now, I think I figured out this silly problem, it seems that when we put the fronts back on the machine and close it all up that the code goes away. Is there some switch on the machine that can detect the door not being on it and exposing the hopper. After we went to give up for the day, we closed them all up and both machines cleared the 3100 code, now just back to some basic issues. One doesn't have the validator enabled, and the other is only taking $1....sheesh...these things.

Ok,
 So, I've been working on these two machines and everything was working good until I tried a new hopper (which worked fine) in one of the machines and an error code of 3100 came up along with the "change" light flashing. These machines are just weird. I've tried to clear the code with a clear chip, ran through the set chip setup and still nothing.  Scratch Head anybody have any ideas? I'm new to these machine, but not electronics (16yrs as a bench tech for various industries, but not gaming).
Steve
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 02:27:14 AM »

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors

Above is the link to understanding and clearing error codes on a S+...
I hope that helps ya a little! yes
Mdpokersupply
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 02:20:48 PM »

Thanks for the code clearing help. One question...I'm working on a slant-top unit and when they say open and close the door, what door are they talking about? Is it the door in front of the hopper (access door), or is it the slant-top itself?
This forum is GREAT!!

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors

Above is the link to understanding and clearing error codes on a S+...
I hope that helps ya a little! yes
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »

I don't know about slant tops too much...I only have the upright machines...
I would imagine you'll see some eye optics on one or the other or both!
Try opening and close both doors...can't hurt ya!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 03:12:31 PM »

S+ slant top have same optics as a upright.  both doors must be closed 

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Mdpokersupply
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 05:18:04 PM »

Thanks, I'll be making sure both doors are closed this time when I go over to work on the machines. I think that's where a lot of my problems where coming from, I was closing the slant top, but putting the door on the lower part where the hopper is.

S+ slant top have same optics as a upright.  both doors must be closed 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.