Sigma Game Toei (sp) monitor giving me fits

(1/1)

badbaud:
Do a cap job and fix 95% of problems with this monitor.

Ha! Had black faded picture on left side of screen. Did a cap job - even replaced ones on the small "nevada" board.

Picture came up but still faded on the left.

12 V regulator putting out 10VDC so changed that - still 10 VDC. -5VDC regulator putting out -5VDC.

Figured I would attack switching power supply so changed ONE 100uF 100V CAP IN POWER SUPPLY
AND NOW SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY SCREAMS AND NO HIGH VOLTAGE.

What is up with these monitors?

Why the half black screen?

Why no-workie now?

badbaud:
It was bad contacts on the "Nevada" shaped board. This site is totally worthless... lots of lookie-loos but no information being shared.

Brianzz:
Since this site is totally worthless does that mean we won't see you on the logged in list anymore?  :30-

jay:
Thankyou for your feed back.
Sincerly - Feedback is a gift, it shows someone cares enough to offer it. So good or bad its an opportunity to learn and grow.

This site is a not-for-profit and is simply people helping people.
Sorry we did not have anyone with the necessary Sigma experience to help you out.
Perhaps you can detail the resolution to yours along with pictures, setup sequences etc.

Jay

badbaud:
Since my previous post I have fixed 8 more of those kind of monitors and in every case the problem was traced to bad contacts on the "Nevada" board.

Step one when repairing these monitors is to replace the contacts to the "Nevada" board.

I use a female header on the main board and a right angle, gold plated header, with male pins on the "Nevada" board. Couldn't find the original connectors anywhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index