Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:48:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Bally E1208 -13 /E1090-84-1 Info & Either worth buying?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E1208 -13 /E1090-84-1 Info & Either worth buying?  (Read 15839 times)
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 11:31:53 PM »

I removed the CPU and removed the battery by de-soldering it.
Then soldered the new battery pack in, then I reinstalled the CPU.
Then I put double sided tape to the battery pack and stuck it to the side of the cabinet.
But thinking back I should of used Velcro instead of the double sided tape.

One step at a time.
nightmaretony
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 100

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 11:45:51 PM »

Dont see why it wouldn't work. Should be fine, IMHO.

Also, here is how the RAM board looks like, by the way. I thought I would hav et make it bigger but it looks liek it will be the exact same size, including the cutout.

And here is a picture of my Bally 2000 which will be my test fixture. I dont know the exact kind this is, though.

Yes, I know it is butt ugly. I also found a dead scorpion inside the first time I removed the reel rack. But after cleaning and oiling and getting things going, it will be a sweet tool.
I also DID ask for the ugliest unsellable one in Vern's shop for test fixturing. Got what I asked for, but it has a sweet future Cheesy

rainman
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 12:03:29 AM »

Gary,
It sure does, Thanks couldn't have done it without your help!  Thank You!  I work in IT now but miss what I was schooled for, so I like to try to clear the cobwebs and  get back to "hands-on"   I'm starting to see how it ail works sort of similar to the  early SS pinball's machines of the early 80"s.
 Also,  here's a pic of  the nickle machine   also for sale, it's getting a "tilt" error at power up. Thinking of getting it if anything for a  parts machine since they are getting hard to come by.

Proten,

Just want to clarify:
1) pull out the MPU board
2) pull out the CPU
3) de-soldered and remove the old battery
4) solder in the new battery pack
5) reseat the CPU
6) reseat the MPU board
7) attach the battery pack to the side wall.

Thanks,
Ray

* bally-slot3.jpg (109.91 KB, 596x1140 - viewed 218 times.)
rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 12:11:23 AM »

Hey Tony,

Looks good, is the RAM board hard soldered to the MPU board or is it attached using a socket or bus connector of some type?  Also, when are you going protoype it in your Bally 2000 "it might not be the prettiest, but it will be the coolest if it works"

Ray
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:31:40 AM by rainman » Logged
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 12:41:19 AM »

Ray. Do you get an error code on the nickel machine when it tilts??

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
nightmaretony
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 100

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »

Hey Tony,

Looks good, is the RAM board hard soldered to the MPU board or is it attached using a socket or bus connector of some type?  Also, when are you going protoype it in your Bally 2000 "it might not be the prettiest, but it will be the coolest if it works"

Ray

hi ray and thanks. Was planning top use 35 1 inch wires and solder upper and lower. The connector pins rot a LOT so I plan to get rid of them to get a direct connection.

I got 10 rold ram boards, IW as thinking of fixing those up but after cleaning and baking soda the rot was BAD on them, tis cheaper to do this design. Also, you notice some new chips. One secrelts certain signals to modify since it can use the 6116 as well, regular DIP or flatpack version or 5101s.

rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 02:04:49 AM »

Gary,

I think it was either 41 or 81,  will check with the seller tomorrow and let you know for sure

Thanks,

Ray
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 03:40:10 AM »

Ray   If it's 41 that's usually point to the reel readers bad or dirty or just needs to be adjusted. If it's 81 I'd have to look at the error codes. I can't think of that one right off the top of my head. Gary

rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »

Gary,

Talked to the owner as soon as the machine is powered up it goes to "tilt" and on the code on the win meter is showing 500000  "normal run  display???" even after he does a reset . I'm going out early next week will try to offer them $50 but will go to $100, worst case I got a parts machine to learn on, best case I'll  get it work.
Is there anything I can try when I got out to look at it?

Thanks,

Ray
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »

Morning Ray...

To be truthful don't try to fix it in front on the seller.. What if you find the problem then the seller want his $100 instead the $50.. From what your telling me I don't think theres much wrong. Mostly the common problems of needing cleaning, oiling, checking connections.. You can open up the machine to make sure everythings there, but thats about as far as I would go. Need to keep your poker face on too, don't look too excited, but you can be truthful in saying if I can't fix it I have spare parts.. Were you still thinking of coming out this weekend?

Gary

rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »

Hi Gary,

Sure I can stop by if you have the time..... give me a call and let me know

Thanks
Ray
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:42:17 PM by rainman » Logged
rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 11:41:31 PM »

Hi Gary,

Thanks  for having me over and taking the time to show me how the reel assemble and other parts of the Bally series E1000 machines works.  I like your setup;  I wish I had all your machines and spare parts, when my machine breaks, I know who to call.  You got me interested in those IGT's they were nice, I'll let my friend know to call you instead of GPP when he decides to get one.

I'm looking forward to getting that nickle machine and doing some trouble shooting and learning.  You know I be asking for  Help

Ray

PS thanks for the Win Meter Display,  I'll be swapping it out tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.