Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:06:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Statfreak's Father is near passing.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Statfreak's Father is near passing.  (Read 7801 times)
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« on: April 02, 2012, 06:02:45 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that Statfreak has not been around due to family issues. His father is (and has been for a little while) getting close to passing, and it has been tough on David. His father is in his 90's and has had a full life, but it still does not make this much easier for family. He has had to travel to his father a couple times recently. I just thought that I would let everyone know since you tend to get worried when NLG members disappear for a while, and I figured that it would be nice for us to express our support for him in these difficult times. I will update you all if I hear anything new. My thoughts are with all of his family!!!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »

Thinking of you David, it is a hard thing to let go of one you love so much. I know, as my Father was 75 when
the good Lord took him away from us. I know your Dad will be always in your heart, when his time comes up.

Ron (r273)
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:48:25 PM »

My condolences and prayers to the family.  It's always hard when good people leave us.
kenokarz
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 284

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:56:21 PM »

sorry to here about you dad,, best wishes, and will keep you and the family in my prayers
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 12:10:35 AM »

I lost my father 41 years ago...still can't forget him...I still love & miss my dad.
My heart feels sad when I hear someone's going...it always hurts a bit.
It won't be easy buddy but be strong...remember the good things you had with him.
Those were the best...
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 12:28:17 AM »

Sorry to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

My dad just hit 90, and I dread the day that will be coming.
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 12:44:36 AM »

STAT . Best Wishes To you and your family . I still have my dad and i feel LUCKY every day

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Tilt

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 01:17:13 AM »

Stat,

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  It's never easy losing a loved one.  Time, friends & family, and faith are what helped me deal with the loss of my father.  Best wishes & take care.

Cliff
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 02:24:51 AM »

stat sorry to here about your dad and i will keep you and the family in my prayers......its always a hard time loosing a loved one as i lost my mom to cancer a few years back..... hang in there......
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 02:38:15 AM »

My thoughts are with you and your family David.  Take care my friend.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
5 ACES

Total Karma Storms: 16

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 03:16:30 AM »

I am so very sorry to hear about your Dad. Our prayers will be with you, your Dad and your family. Stay strong and take care, Stat........
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 03:53:43 AM »

Best wishes to you and your family, David.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 04:32:32 AM »

David.  I'm sorry to hear about your father.  You and your father are in my prayer.

Eric
CommTech

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 08:09:01 AM »

It's never easy saying goodbye to a love one. I lost my dad last November to cancer.  I was very Blessed to be able to take care of him and to be with him for his final days and when he passed.
I was comforted by the fact that I knew he was finally going to be free of pain and moving on to a better place, and be reunited with my mom who died a few years earlier.
My prayers are with you and your family David.
God Bless!

Joe
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 09:21:08 AM »

Stat, Sorry to hear about your father. It's hard to lose your dad. You & your family are in my prayers.
Ford
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »

Our bprayers are with you and your father david
luke
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 202

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 10:29:05 AM »

My prayers are with you also.
I just lost my mother 2 month's ago to cancer.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 12:24:41 PM »

David,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and you family. You have been fortunate to have your father with you for as long as you have.

Respectfully,

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »

Our thoughts are with you Stat...

triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 01:36:54 PM »

Stat-
I am sorry to hear about your dad...Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
God Bless,
Eric
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »

Thank you all so much for your support during this difficult time. It's been a hard month. The good news is that my father is still with us and hanging in there and I've returned home for now.

My father is blessed. He’s at home where he wants to be, is surrounded by family and receives multiple visits each day from various family and friends. Despite having a growing tumor in his kidney, he is in no pain, thank God, and amazingly is on no medication at all – although meds and morphine are in the house, just in case. (Did I mention he’s stubborn and not fond of doctors or medication? Duh!)

He’s at peace and is ready to go. He has a loving wife taking care of him around the clock and hospice several times a week. He’s had a long, full life, has been successful in business, traveled the world and had three wives, and more than a few lady friends. Even now, he still loves having a harem of young women fawning over him! He has had time to say goodbye to everyone and to tell his stories to all of us. His mind is still sharp and his memory is much better than mine. arrow He still lights up whenever his extended family of grand kids visits and has been able to spend time with my sister and his own grandson (my nephew), who have been staying at the house. It’s really been much harder on the rest of us.

I was in the middle of moving out of Kirk’s house and looking for a new place to live when my sister called to tell me that they thought he would pass within 24 to 48 hours. I scrambled to stuff all of my things into one room to clear the house for the new tenants, board my cats and get on a plane, not knowing if I would be able to say goodbye to my dad. I’m also trying to find a job at the same time.

So at this point I’m taking things one day at a time. My dad is still eating a little – but only a few bites – and sometimes doesn’t eat at all on a given day, and I think he’s drinking less than 8 oz of water a day (aside from the fruit). He might be with us for another month or two, God willing, or it could be a matter of days. We just don’t know.

Again, I want you all to know that I am grateful for all of my friends here on NLG and for all of your prayers and support.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 10:31:45 PM »

Sorry to here of you fathers illness but it is good that you have time to spend with your dad
and come to terms with the inevitable.  We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

One step at a time.
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 11:28:18 PM »

Thank you all so much for your support during this difficult time. It's been a hard month. The good news is that my father is still with us and hanging in there and I've returned home for now.

My father is blessed. He’s at home where he wants to be, is surrounded by family and receives multiple visits each day from various family and friends. Despite having a growing tumor in his kidney, he is in no pain, thank God, and amazingly is on no medication at all – although meds and morphine are in the house, just in case. (Did I mention he’s stubborn and not fond of doctors or medication? Duh!)

He’s at peace and is ready to go. He has a loving wife taking care of him around the clock and hospice several times a week. He’s had a long, full life, has been successful in business, traveled the world and had three wives, and more than a few lady friends. Even now, he still loves having a harem of young women fawning over him! He has had time to say goodbye to everyone and to tell his stories to all of us. His mind is still sharp and his memory is much better than mine. arrow He still lights up whenever his extended family of grand kids visits and has been able to spend time with my sister and his own grandson (my nephew), who have been staying at the house. It’s really been much harder on the rest of us.

I was in the middle of moving out of Kirk’s house and looking for a new place to live when my sister called to tell me that they thought he would pass within 24 to 48 hours. I scrambled to stuff all of my things into one room to clear the house for the new tenants, board my cats and get on a plane, not knowing if I would be able to say goodbye to my dad. I’m also trying to find a job at the same time.

So at this point I’m taking things one day at a time. My dad is still eating a little – but only a few bites – and sometimes doesn’t eat at all on a given day, and I think he’s drinking less than 8 oz of water a day (aside from the fruit). He might be with us for another month or two, God willing, or it could be a matter of days. We just don’t know.

Again, I want you all to know that I am grateful for all of my friends here on NLG and for all of your prayers and support.

Stat garfield

Sounds like he's being well taken care of and his family is supporting his wishes to the fullest. applause  i lost my father a few years ago when he was only 53 and i miss him every day; as others have mentioned the heartache will get better but will never go away completely.  stay strong for the rest of the family and enjoy every second you still have with him.  as always please let us know if we can help in any way.

Now You're Techin'!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.