Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:11:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Neotec NT- 2602A issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neotec NT- 2602A issues  (Read 17113 times)
solinoid
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« on: September 29, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »

Hi guys,
The owner of the company I work for has an Odyssey machine with this monitor. He brought it in because it wouldn't stay in focus. Voltage from flyback was fluctuating from 18 to 21 kv. The focus knob on the FB was wiggling around, so I told him the first thing was to replace the FB. The one that was in the monitor was a MRCFT-859 (I'm going by memory as I don't have my notes with me). The one he got was a MRCFT-252. The guy that sold it to him said it was a replacement for the origanal. When the new FB was installed,pots centered, the monitor would fire up (I had a color bar generator on the input), and shut down in about 5 seconds, like the safety circuits were kicking off. Did this three times and went dead. Fuse OK, 115 is making it to the board. I am not a monitor expert by any means, I do fix the ones in our production machines at the shop, but not an everyday occurrence so experience is limited.
I think I could fix this but I can't for the life of me find a schematic on this model. Do any of you guys have some ideas? Also, anyone know where I could get a schematic for this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Barry

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it is , give me a crack at it Smiley
montech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

How long is a short?

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 04:05:26 PM »

Hi Barry
Dont know where you can get a manual ,,found some neotec stuff here

http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Monitors/

My advice is to check the DC voltage at the collector of the Horz out to see if you B+ is too high, the leading cause of shutdown. Of course you could always put the flyback back to see if the out of focus picture returns. If it does the cross is in error.

There ya go again...trying to find a simple answer to a complex problem...all you techs are the same!
solinoid
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »

Hi Montech,
Thanks so much for the reply.
I have been to the link you posted, nothing seems to be close to this chassis. This is one of the toughest monitors I've seen to check and adjust. The way it's built you cant seem to get to anything to test without having the guts laying out on the bench, but then again I don't work on a ton of monitors either. Is this some kind of mystery monitor or something, can't find anything on it and just about every post I see about it has no replies? I think I will try your suggestion and put the old FB back in and see what it does. I can tell you this though, I can't see the heaters glowing any more, so I'm thinking I blew something in the PS? This thing is ticking me off, I'm on a mission now yes
Thanks again Montech,
Barry

montech
Contributing NLG Member

How long is a short?

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 05:31:01 PM »

Great
If you have no filaments with the old flyback...probably have a shorted Horz Out. Let me know what you get Im curious!

There ya go again...trying to find a simple answer to a complex problem...all you techs are the same!
solinoid
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 05:59:32 PM »

Will do Montech,
And thanks again wave
Barry

gkfan

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 11:57:33 PM »

I need help with my NT-2602 also.  I have attached schematics from NeoTec for what they are worth.  They did not have a parts list.  NeoTec still repairs for $80+ an hour no maximum charge???  I need a CAP kit or ID of CAPs I should try to change.  My monitor images rolls on the Right side (remember the screen is mounted verically so Right is Top (right?)).  Looks like the right side image is wrapped around a tube.

Anyone have spare working board ('s) I would be interested.  Already had one repair shop send my boards back to me at no charge stating they could get no information to repair.

Help, Please!!!

Sorry cannot attach file, 2.84 mb, to big.  Will email if wanted.

* NeoTec NT-2602A Motherboard 2.pdf (286.19 KB - downloaded 165 times.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:20:54 AM by gkfan » Logged
solinoid
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 12:23:42 AM »

Gkfan,
I would be very grateful if you could email me those schematics  Hail
For what ever reason they are tough to get. The guru's on here may be able to help, I may figure something out too if I can get a set of those schematics, but like I said I'm no expert.
Thank You,
Barry

montech
Contributing NLG Member

How long is a short?

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 07:23:17 PM »

I too would like a schematic. It sounds to me like you have a horizontal afc problem. If I get the scematic I can tell you possibly the cap in the afc to change.

montech@live.com

montech
Contributing NLG Member

How long is a short?

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »

GKfan
Thanks for the schematics, always good to have. Change the Caps around  IC202  C211 and C208. You might get rid of the afc "hook" in the picture by a SLIGHT adjust VR203, although this would be a "bandaid", and very temporary but would confirm a AFC issue.

solinoid
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 07:59:06 PM »

Montech,
Just wanted to let you know I finally got back to this monitor. Using your tips and the schematics from GKfan,(Thanks again GKfan!) came to the conclusion the FB was toast. Threw in the old one, came right up with a raster, turned on generator and got colorbars, no shutdown. Of course still have a weak FB but it looks like replacement was not correct. Didn't seem to take out anything else on the board. Now to hunt for the RIGHT replacement.
Thanks guys!
Barry
 applause applause applause

robertwinter

Total Karma Storms: 17

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »

just a followup for future searches.

There are two different monitor chassis boards used for the Odyssey.  One is the Neotec-2602A which uses a MRCFT-859 flyback.  There are no subs for that flyback.  Sadly, the 859 is nearly impossible to find.

The other chassis uses a MRCFT-252 FB, which also subs to MRCFT-249.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.