Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:29:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Vertical black lines on Wells Gardner LCD Monitor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vertical black lines on Wells Gardner LCD Monitor  (Read 5404 times)
mark1120
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 65

« on: November 11, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »

I know its difficult to take a clear detailed picture of a monitor, but does anyone know how I can get rid of these black vertical lines?  Is there something loose on the monitor or my game board that is causing this?  Thanks for your help!

* IDOJ Black Lines.JPG (1051.83 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 298 times.)

* 002.JPG (1578.94 KB, 3648x2736 - viewed 316 times.)
kondy73
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 06:06:19 PM »

I'm not sure, but if you replace all caps and does not help, then try to check if the ac/dc power supply adapter is not too high a temperature, or try to replace adapter. Why? because this ac/dc switching adapter can radiate interference (which is reflected by those vertical lines) when the large capacitor is bad. Most used values between 82-120uF/400V.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:47:27 PM »

I think if I had a LCD monitor that was only 7 months old I would be calling Wells Gardner.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 10:44:57 PM »

I agree with Buzz, call Wells Gardner and see if you can send it in for any repairs it may need, or for replacement. It should be under warranty at least for the first year.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »

Ceronix has 4 year warranty on their LCDs

Firebird

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 03:46:22 AM »

That is why I would much rather have a Ceronix LCD rather than a Wells Gardner.
mark1120
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 10:47:34 PM »

I'm not sure, but if you replace all caps and does not help, then try to check if the ac/dc power supply adapter is not too high a temperature, or try to replace adapter. Why? because this ac/dc switching adapter can radiate interference (which is reflected by those vertical lines) when the large capacitor is bad. Most used values between 82-120uF/400V.

Thanks for everyone's comments.  Since I didn't purchase the monitor directly from Wells Gardner, I imagine I wouldn't be able to file a warranty claim.  I'd like to know more about replacing the caps and checking the ac/dc power supply, but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to parts and maintenance.  Can these things be pointed out within the picture that I attached earlier?  Where would I go to buy new caps?  The black lines are "livable" during normal game play, but they really stand out during the bonus rounds.  I would love to get rid of them.  I know its hard to take a clear picture of a monitor, so hopefully they were apparent to all in the image that I attached.  Thank you!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »

Mark I ask you what is the absolute worse thing Wells Gardner can tell you ?  NO  Maybe a outside chance they will say " send it in, our monitors will not take a dump in 7 months " Tell them your on a site with 3 thousand + slot owners and were all wanting to hear the results.

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 01:40:48 AM »

Try a CPU with software out of one of your other games, if that cures it then ask for a new CGF card from the lady at the place the game came from, also I would move the power supply off the back of the LCD, those LCD's are good quality and sold many of them and know of many here who use them without issues

AG & E would be a contact if needed to be serviced
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:56:38 AM by blueridgeslots » Logged

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 02:09:36 AM »

I bought two Ceronix LCD's and they came with a 4 year transferable warranty.
No paperwork required. Ceronix knows by serial number when it was purchased. I checked on this so the new owners of the machines would not have a hassle if they ever needed service.
I would check with Well Garner before you touch that unit with a solderding iron.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
mark1120
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 04:06:41 AM »

I'm happy to report that the vertical black lines are gone!  I pressed the auto adjust button on the back of the monitor and after a few seconds of adjusting they went away.  Sometimes its the simplest.....and most obvious.....solution.  All this time I was thinking I didn't have something plugged in all the way, etc.  Thanks for everyone's replies to my thread.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 04:00:28 AM »

I was just about to jump in here.  Had the same thing happen when I was screwing around with settings on a 4.0 GK software set.  I threw a 5.x game in and saw the lines.  I got ahold of someone at AG&E that luckily helped me out.  There's a thread in the Game King forum from a guy named camino and within that thread I posted the details of the solution.

Glad you got it fixed.  WG monitors are very nice IMHO.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 04:02:41 AM »

Look here:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=16670.0

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.