Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:52:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  ceronix 2093 test / extension cable
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ceronix 2093 test / extension cable  (Read 3286 times)
videokeno
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

Keyboard failure. Press any key to continue.

« on: May 19, 2013, 11:52:06 PM »

Does anyone have a part number and approximate cost they paid for the monitor test cable on 2093?  I need to try to adjust the flyback transformer and I don't want to keep pulling that beast in and out of the chassis.
If you have one to sell that'd be great or if  you have a part number for it  I will try to order it from ceronix.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:53:51 AM »

This plug and wires came from a old Ceronix monitor. I cut one wire at a time and soldered and shrink tubed one wire at a time about 6 feet long. I call it the poor mans extension cable. I have about a hour and some solder invested in it, all the wire I used came from stuff I've cut out of machines. You can have this piece if you want to pay the 6 bucks for a flat rate box.

OR buy this Taylor made one.   http://www.kiesub.com/prostores/servlet/-strse-366/bar/Detail

Last time I bought from these people they were cheap but took about 3 months to get the parts.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
videokeno

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 09:28:42 AM »

Buzz, please PM your address or Paypal if you have an account.  I am going to send you a lot more than $6 for that cable.  That cable is a  a life saver if you try to do any CRT work.  Thanks so much.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »

Now here is a perfect example of a picture being worth a thousand words. In the first post I forgot to attach the picture of what I made the extended cable from. I can see people now scratching their heads thinking "what's this ol bastard talking about " sorry about that !!

videokeno   PM me your address and I'll pay the postage and send you the one I made. Let me be perfectly clear, it will only work on a Ceronix CRT monitor

* PICT0018.JPG (552.14 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 241 times.)

* PICT0019.JPG (530.64 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 250 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:25:09 PM »

I made mine too, but I took a male and female plug, bought the pins and made a straight pin to pin extension, even added a wire in case one of them broke. Works on everything that uses a bohl plug (hopper, coin comparitor, monitor etc)Even made one for the 25 pin plugs, takes a little time but if you make it yourself, you can make it as long as you want it.
videokeno

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 12:53:33 AM »

Buzz, I got the cable today.  After I got home from work, I hooked it up   I was able to adjust out the scan lines and the out of focus.  Thank you so much for your kindness, there aren't too many people out there that would do such a thing.  I'm going to post a pic of the $450 craigslist special.  It's in really good shape.  19" screen.  Now clear thanks to your help.

* SAM_0016.JPG (122.59 KB, 640x480 - viewed 221 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.