Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  VLC Machines
| | |-+  Thanksgiving Day project.... VLC 8825
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanksgiving Day project.... VLC 8825  (Read 13047 times)
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« on: November 25, 2010, 02:05:04 PM »

OK, I have this machine... used to belong to another guy on here and I got it. It powers up, but no video. I found at least one wire not connected and bare. I also found a voltage adapter plugged into an orange extention cord plugged into the power supply in the machine. Plan is to first check what voltage is coming out of it, if any.

Here are some pictures I took this morning:

* 20101125075126.jpg (446.45 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 283 times.)

* 20101125075205.jpg (429.68 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 260 times.)

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
rickh

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 02:06:48 PM »

more

* 20101125075917.jpg (450.49 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 262 times.)

* 20101125080034.jpg (394.17 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 264 times.)

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
rickh

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 02:11:37 PM »

a few more.... this is the wire I found not connected.... the second picture shows where it goes to, on the board to the back of the unit.... and that board flops around back there, not tightly secured.

* 20101125080714.jpg (364.19 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 255 times.)

* 20101125080727.jpg (524.78 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 266 times.)

rickh

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 02:13:59 PM »

And this connector was just laying there.... I havent found a mating plug for it yet....

The other pic is the board where the 3 batteries live.

* 20101125080803.jpg (473.2 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 265 times.)

* 20101125080456.jpg (493.2 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 257 times.)

rickh

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 04:29:32 PM »

So far so good.. I didnt burn anything up yet. The voltage output on the 9 volt adapter is 12.5 volts..... seems high to me.

I checked the 2 fuses on the power supply, both are good.

On the top board tray, there are 3 green lights glowing steady.... I want to pull the batteries and check or replace them, but someone here told me not to.....

The only manual I could find so far is a PDF version for $65... still looking, gotta be a cheaper one out there.

rickh

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 04:56:37 PM »

ok... I checked the soldered in battery on the board in the top tray of the machine, when powered off.... I got 0.3 volts, way below the 3.0 volts needed. Thats a start, put a new battery in.

rickh

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 12:51:32 AM »

Well, I did some limited tests, to no avail:

I made a battery pak from 2 AA batteries and jumped it to the board battery.... no change. I wont replace the other batteries until I find set chips.

There still is no video, and from what I am reading, I am dead in the water without the video working.

The candle light does not light up at anytime, have to check the bulbs and connectors yet.

And a hearty thanks to whoever sent me the email with the zip file in it.... lots of help Smiley

kenokarz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 284

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »

happy thanksgiving wave wave hope enjoy the bathroom reading, just dont drop the laptop in the can  Silly Me!
rickh

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 01:07:02 PM »

hahaha... thank you. I skimmed thru it, gave me a good idea of what I am looking at. Gotta figure out the video problem first I think......

And decided that instead of spending hundreds on this, I will just strip out the working parts and take the rest to the desert next time we go shooting.... I bet lots of people would love to shoot up a slot machine, for revenge.

bkoch
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 02:07:04 PM »

Send pictures!!!!!!!
rickh

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 02:13:26 PM »

ok, if it comes to that.... we need a new target anyhow, beer cans are too easy to hit Smiley

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »

hahaha... thank you. I skimmed thru it, gave me a good idea of what I am looking at. Gotta figure out the video problem first I think......

And decided that instead of spending hundreds on this, I will just strip out the working parts and take the rest to the desert next time we go shooting.... I bet lots of people would love to shoot up a slot machine, for revenge.

DONT DESTROY THE CABINET !!

LEAVE ISOLATION TRANSFORMER in it and the top glass wiring and belly glass wiring ..

I use those cabinets when I can get them for ORGAN DONORS !!

when I re do my profile pictures in the next few days --you will see one lit up ..
plus most IGT or Bally glass fits them --to make it  a certain theme ??

they make a nice cabinet for a POT OF GOLD MACHINE !!

although large atleast you can stick your head inside the lower half while retrofttng the cabinet ..

always save slot cabinets --for organ donors ---you can put about any game you want inside one of those old gant VLC cabinets .

from video slot --arcade counter top games like MERIT --JVL --MIDWAY -WLLIAMS --CHERRY MASTER --even have enough room
for a mini wine rack inside the belly half ..lol

stick to shooting the cans in the desert -- soup cans --mex - icans ---gravy cans --lol

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
rickh

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 02:29:13 PM »

We shall see.... rather than dump too much into this, I would rather just find a working machine and invest in it. Our other slot is working fine, just hit a nice win on it this morning.

KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »

I had 3 of these electronic turds at one time. Fixed two of them and put them on Craigslist and stripped out the third. You CAN fit it with one or two LCD monitors, make it a jukebox or a TV for the gameroom.
Take the coin battery holders off the memory board and use them on IGT 504 and 3902 series boards to replace the soldered in batteries.
If you compare these machines to almost any other out there, they suck in video performance, it's a box of non-stop headaches.....

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
rickh

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 03:34:57 PM »

Kirk ... thats what my investigations found yesterday.... not much info out there on these, and what I found were mostly negative...

Making something out of it sounds interesting... will have to bring it up next time we are sitting and sipping beers.

KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 04:24:22 PM »

It IS a heavy duty case there  Smiley The iso transformer is pretty "Stout" too if you need it. You can either cover the glass with "Contact" vinyl or paper. Yank the glass out and take it to Home Depot and replace it with Plexiglass,make a "Translight" out of photos of records or music for a jukebox.Use a audio power amp and a small computer,a touch screen that has a windows driver for a touchscreen jukebox is pretty easy. Some small metal 2/3 way speakers from Radio-Shack mounted on top or the sides will work very well.
If I get some time I will post some pictures for you.....

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
kenokarz

Total Karma Storms: 284

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 05:18:17 PM »

the jukebox thing is the way to go, at least than you have something for everybody to enjoy,
rickh

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 06:25:26 PM »

the jukebox thing is the way to go, at least than you have something for everybody to enjoy,

Yep, but everyone will enjoy shooting it too!

For now it gets stowed out of the way, till I think on what to do with it.

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 08:26:57 PM »

Lemme know, Rick. I can bring down a couple hoglegs and a long gun or 2 if you decide it needs to be "ventilated"... Crazy

Thanks,
Bill
rickh

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 09:02:15 PM »

We shoot over on the Calif/Arizona border, just south of Blythe (I-10).... it could even be an event Smiley

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 09:28:37 PM »

I say..get a cheap cd player from a flea market and
play a recording of a Pachislo machine playing full blast.
Also, paste 3 bright red mailbox reflectors on the deck - that will give
everyone something to sight their rifle scopes to... bust gut laughing
On a count of 3 - everyone pull their triggers!

Seriously, though...it might just be a burned fuse somewhere?
Or a broken ground wire?
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 09:51:38 PM »

When the batteries read 0.3 volts on the BUM board..it becomes a landfill candidate....
It's NOT a loose ground or burned fuse.......

Kirk

rickh

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 10:28:29 PM »

For now, it goes back outside inder the drop cloth.... looks like the coin accepter and hopper are good... am gonna see if the dollarbill part will work in my other machine..... but for now it just takes a back seat, lots of other stuff to do.

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »

Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

RICKH,
before that machine sits outside all winter .. check out this old link ---I used  the VLC  CABINET
for a organ donor .. with brand new 19-inch CRT & brand new 3m mirotouch touch screen .

then just used the isolation transformer that came with the VLC ETC
to power up the power supply and tube bulbs in top glass and belly glass and the Mars DBV .

you end up having  a brand new machine that is touch screen --with coin & hopper if you want ??
and DBV If you want !!

THE GRAPHICS OF THE POT OF GOLD ---are so far ahead of the orginal VLC its night and day .
if you dont want to run a CRT -TUBE ?? or  a 19-inch LCD touch screen ..they fit well also just minor trimming of the black plastic bezel .

link below of POT OF GOLD I BUILT ON TEST BENCH &  INSTALLED IT IN VLC CABINET.
JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT .. Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2120.0

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.