Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:24:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  VLC Machines
| | |-+  8825 'COIN DROP DOOR OPEN'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8825 'COIN DROP DOOR OPEN'  (Read 4014 times)
Worldwide Gaming
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: -11

« on: February 21, 2012, 08:26:08 PM »

Does anyone know what triggers this message on the 8825?  What does VLC consider a 'Coin Drop Door'??

Clearing door access doesn't make it go away either  Silly Me!

FYI: It's an 8825 configured as coinless (printer) and someone (not us) has rigged a lot of the wiring for the switches.  I've got it all back where it should be, but this error still persists!

Thanks!!
-Karsten

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 11:15:35 PM »

Just a guess, but I'd suspect that it's looking for a contact closure for a door in the base of the slot stand. That's typically considered to be a "drop door".

Perhaps there is a setting to enable or disable drop door sensing?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:17:42 PM »

That was my first thought - but there are no 'extra' wires that could monitor a slot stand in the machine and the manual for the 8825 says not one single word about 'coin drop door'.

The only thing really different about this particular model is that it's set up to use a printer instead of a hopper (so there's no coin handling installed).

The owner swears that he is not the one that re-worked some of the wiring and that the machine worked perfectly (aside from the monitor repair and dead batteries) before it came here and that he's never seen the 'coin drop door' message before.

I seem to recall that there was something different about the ticket printer versions of the 8825 - that they needed some kind of special clear to connect to a back room for the printer - has anyone else heard this?

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:59:49 PM »

I've never worked on an 8825 so I'm pretty much out of ideas other than this tidbit from the 8724 manual:

Assuming that the 8825 used similar hardware, I'd take a look in the CPU drawer for the door access detector board.  Perhaps there was a jumper in there for the coin drop door which fell out during transport?

There are a bunch of "ifs" here, but if the machine has a similar board, and if you can trace the wires of the other door access points to that board, you should be able to determine which one isn't being used on the board, and make sure that it has a closed loop to detect the door as closed.  Good luck.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »

I believe that's an 8724 beastie only....

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 10:19:11 PM »

I'm outta ideas then, I'm afraid.  Please let us know if you do ever get it resolved as it may help someone in the future...  Good luck with it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.