Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:04:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  VLC Machines
| | |-+  VLC error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VLC error  (Read 11183 times)
clown2948
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 92

« on: March 02, 2009, 02:16:59 AM »

I need help on fixing my Great White VLC. I am getting access battery low and no game just that error and out of order. Where can I find a smart battery and do I need a clear chip to get the game to work. Any help I can get will help. Thanks Robert
clown2948
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 92

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »

I have now had the machine in the menu mode but do not know how to get the game to come back. I can go through all the menus but don't know how to get it reset. Any help out there. This is a 8725 model machine After I exit menu it just goes to Temporarily out of order.
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 03:18:52 PM »

Ah VLC's....I had a few 8825's....hated them...
OK....first off...
DO NOT short or remove the battery or you will need to "Clear" it.
Carefully......jumper a good 3 volt battery across the one on the board. Restart the machine, it should come back to life. The battery can be a pair of "AA" cells in a holder,a 123A battery with wires soldered to it..ETC ETC....
Soldering to the + side is easy, get the ground side anywhere there is a ground plating on the board.
Once you do this, it will come up (hopefully). There are a few guys around here that can help you reset it, if thats where it all goes.

I had 2 of them, sold them locally and parted out the third.

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
Gameroom-classics
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »

Hi New here and try to figure the site out, forgive me if I am not posting right :^)
I have a VLC Polly and roger that I cant seem to find any info on it was sitting for two years and the battery died I replace the battery and have a reset error I am guessing I need reset chip but I can seem to find any- Is there anyone here that can help ? I hate to part it out the game is real nice,
Thanks
Rob
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 03:45:03 PM »

Welcome to  nlg, Rob.

The VLC reset ("zero") chips are very hard to come by, and by design can not be copied.  You don't have your location set in your profile -- where are you located?  It's possible that someone near you may have access to the chip you need.  Also, there was one guy on here a while back offering the service of reseting boards -- you'd send your board to him, he'd reset it, and then send it back to you to put it back in your machine.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Gameroom-classics
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 12:06:34 PM »

Thanks for the reply,
I am in NY, Do you remember who it was  that did the work? I would hate to part this out
Rob
laneman
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 55

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 09:55:07 PM »

Which model of VLC?
8724?
If 8724 need to know the number on the little pal chip in socket U35.
I can clear #150 boards.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 09:04:26 PM »

Do you remember who it was  that did the work? I would hate to part this out

Rob-

I just found a post of his -- his name on here is "Slot Docs" -- I think his real-life name is Buddy.  He listed a phone number in his post, too -- you may want to give it a shot.  See this post for what he wrote:
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=399.msg5314#msg5314

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Gameroom-classics
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »

I will try that ram reset first thanks for the info. My pal chip number is 153-01 A4 @ U35 is this something you can do?
laneman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 04:06:00 AM »

The #153 is the Colorado program.
I had Worldwide Gaming clear a #153 for me a while back,dont know if they still can do that.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 09:44:19 AM »

I'd strongly suggest trying Slot Docs first -- I've had too many bad experiences with WWG.

laneman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 12:47:51 PM »

Its been a long time since they cleared that board for me.Too bad to hear that WWG has gotten bad.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 09:34:58 PM »

There are still a couple of good people there -- Karsten, one of their techs, comes to mind.  ...but some of the other people there aren't so great to deal with.

laneman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 09:39:12 PM »

I think thats who I dealt with.
roupcat
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »

I e-mailed Karsten at WWG to see if he would clear a board with the #153 pal but he hasn't answered.  Me, too!
                                                                                                                                                            Dan
Gameroom-classics
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »

Hi
I Just pulled my Polly & Roger back out of storage and I am trying to see if there has been any head way on repairing this game ?
all the numbers of people are disconnected
My battries died and when replaced I have an out of service message
Thanks in advance
Rob
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.