Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  VLC Machines
| | |-+  Gopher Cash Bonus/ system initialization failure
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gopher Cash Bonus/ system initialization failure  (Read 3721 times)
rob20_760
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: March 08, 2009, 09:11:40 PM »

I recently went to a slot machine auction for seized slot machines and purchased a few video slot and pot of gold machines.  I noticed this machine was only going for about 300 bucks so I figured well there can't be to much wrong with it.  Well this is my first VLC machine and I have a feeling that it doesn't have a game board in it.  When I power it up it gets a system initialization failure.  When I looked closer at the internals of it I noticed two strips of velcro on the back wall where I imagine the board would go.  Does anyone know where I get a board from and possibly a clear chip for the future.  I've attached some pics of the error message and model plate.

* systeminitfailure.JPG (371.2 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 269 times.)

* VLCmodel8825.JPG (438.33 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 266 times.)

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »

The board wouldn't be held in by velcro.   propeller

It likely has a board but needs to be cleared.  On those machines, the boards are in the top box behind the upper display glass (above the monitor).  Unlock the top door and slide the drawer out -- you'll find your boards.  A picture of the boards would be helpful to determine what software you have in there.

You may wish to talk to Slot Docs here on the message forum -- he knows a good amount about the VLCs and can determine if that is in fact just an error that needs a clear chip, and if he is able to clear the board for you.

For what it's worth, I've just about given up on my VLC (I have an 8725 -- the generation before your machine).  It's running, but it's just not that great a machine (in my opinion) -- I'm going to be selling it soon and not looking back.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rob20_760
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 03:08:04 AM »

Here is a pic of the board.  Not as clear as I wanted it but not bad for a phone picture.

* GC:CB.JPG (764.34 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 264 times.)

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 04:11:40 PM »

You found it!  Smiley

The chip I've circled from your picture should be the PAL chip -- it'll have some numbers on it (like 153-xxxx) -- if/when you contact Slot Docs, he'll need to know what number your PAL chip is (it may be a 153, or something else) to determine if he has the compatible clear chip for your board.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.