Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:08:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  VLC Machines
| | |-+  VLC Machine 8725 settings and Master Password
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VLC Machine 8725 settings and Master Password  (Read 4758 times)
Vegasc38
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: May 07, 2013, 10:29:19 PM »

Good Afternoon,

I just got a VLC winnning touch. It works except for the bill acceptor. I think it may just be disabled. (The bill acceptor does not even have power, I do have replacements so we will see what happens.) Does anyone have the master password that the manual mentions? Every time I select something in the hardware configuration it says I do not have access. Also I was wondering how I would lower what the required level of a manual payout would be? I would like it set it low or disable the coin hopper payout all together. Finally I was wondering how I would alter the payout percentages? Can that be done in an admin menu or do I have to get new chips?

Thank you for all of your help. This is my first real machine. I have searched the forums but did not see the answers.

Thanks,
V
Vegasc38

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:50:07 PM »

After reading the forums more thoroughly it appears I can find everything I need once I can get access to the menus. All I need is the master password. Can anyone point me in the right directions? Or is there another way to access those menus in this model?

Thanks,
V
Vegasc38

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 12:55:54 AM »

Well this version does not have the extra access when you open the top. So I am unable to even get to a password screen. Does anyone know how to access the password screen or extra restricted menus? If it is something on the board can you describe it? Is there a 8725 specific manual out there? I am eager to get this setup.

Thank you.
V
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:56:35 AM »

Here's the manual:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=3854

...and the few tidbits I remember about the machine:

- You don't have to enable the validator, but its correct type (JCM, WBA, etc.) must be selected in the setup menu in order for it to accept bills.  I don't specifically recall how to get to the menu.

- Make sure there are zero credits on the machine, and to open EVERY door when trying to access the setup functions.  Belly door, main door, top door, and also slide the CPU drawer about halfway out as well.

Does the bill validator make ANY noise when you turn the machine on?  If not, it sounds like more of a problem with the validator or its power supply, rather than the machine.  The validator/transport/stacker should always make some kind of startup noise when power is first applied.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Vegasc38

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »

Thank you for the info. I am not getting any power up from either the bill validator or the stacker. I looked on the board and assuming I am looking at the right place I see all green for the power supply lights. I also have another validator that I tried with the same result. I am open to any other suggestions. I checked all the connections. Everything else is working perfectly.

THanks,
V
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 07:58:47 AM »

It's been years since I touched one of those boat anchors machines, but I would assume that the bill validator should have its own power supply, separate from the logic components of the machine.  Have you traced the wires that go to the validator?  I'd start at the validator and work backwards to see if you can see where it is getting its power from.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.