Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:54:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  VLC Machines
| | |-+  winning touch 8724 problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: winning touch 8724 problems  (Read 7738 times)
wtjames
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 01, 2009, 03:41:45 AM »

just bought 4 of these for 200.00 but none of them do anything when powered on..well nothing onscreen..the power supply is on,fan runs 2 green lights on left of board lit and one green light on right of board...im pretty sure all the batterys are dead...will that make the machine not boot? or are the batterys just for memory?ant help would be greatly appreciated...ive tried to find a service manual but no luck....thanks
wtjames

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 05:29:08 AM »

i was just in the garage messing with the games again,still no luck...everything seems to be on and working but black screens on all 4 machines...everything appears to be plugged in..ive worked on many games but have never saw 4 monitors that do nothing at all...no graphics or color at all...anyone?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »

Welcome to NLG wtjames  wave

I don't know anything about VLC games, but we do have some members who do, so hang in there and hopefully someone will be able to help you with your issue.
Just as a rule of thumb, a dead battery will prevent most types of machines from playing, and many gaming machines also require a complete clear after a battery change.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 10:13:06 AM »

wtjames, search VLC on the forum and read through the threads. VLC's are notorious because clear chips are of numerous types and all near impossible to find. Luckily there are a few members here that have access to SOME of the clear chips and may be able to assist you in getting these up and running, I'm sure these members will chime in.

Dan (tacman)

And welcome to NLG!

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »

wtjames ,
Welcome to NLG dude, applause
Hey...can you post a pic of these games? yummy
Are they all the same?
popzzz
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 08:14:32 PM »

Hey everybody! (and thanks)

I also have one of these and saw this and thought I would ask here instead of starting a new thread  ..... 

When it boots I get:

Temp out of order
36-access detect battery low
$0.00

Any idea which battery this is? I find batteries in three different areas but I thought with the code someone might know.

TIA,
popzzz
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:15:00 PM by popzzz » Logged
wtjames

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 03:32:10 AM »

well i have finally got the machine going,replaced all the batterys,the smart battery was good...machine boots,but when i access the operators menu most of the options say operation unavailable...so i cant set it for free play or anything,im guessing theres another switch or something to give me full access?
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 05:19:42 AM »

To access all of the settings make sure the belly door is open, the top door is open, and the CPU tray is pulled out enough so that the machine knows that it's open as well.  ...then you may be able to get to more options, but it depends on the software versions.  I have an 8725 and it's going on Craigslist or to a friend to use as a boat anchor.

popzzz - I think there's a board that may be labeled something like "VLC access detection board", but it's been so long since I've looked at mine that my memory is fuzzy.  Once you get the right battery changed out though, your game is more than likely going to need a clear chip which is next to impossible to find.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  Sad

Edit: Aah, here you go:

33 - Access Detector Battery Low
This error occurs when the voltage of the battery on the access detector board (mounted on the Mem/Comm board J94) falls below a minimum allowed value.

1) Remove power from the board and measure the battery voltage.  If the voltage is 3.0 volts or less, replace the battery.

2) If the battery voltage is greater than 3.0 volts, replace the access board.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
wtjames

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 06:55:46 AM »

you were right on the money...everything is on and working...except the bill acceptor will take money in then spit it right out..i suspect the dip switches are wrong its a dbv-145-sg so im about to search for the dip settings now...thanks for all the help
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »

Glad to hear your solution was as simple as opening all of those doors.

The 145's don't have dip switches, do they?

Are all of them doing that, or just one so far?  Is it taking the bill in, holding it for a few seconds, then rejecting it, or is it an almost immediate rejection?

If it's holding it for a few seconds, it would indicate a software/communication issue.  If it's rejecting it quickly it may be as simple as a dirty head or incompatible bill.  Are you trying good-condition $1 bills for testing (rather than messing around with newer design bills which may or may not be supported by the validator)?  Is the validator enabled in the machine setup?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
wtjames

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 01:32:18 AM »

yep theres a bank of 8 i think..then a bank of 2...so 10 dip switches total...the cabinets were almost completly taken apart inside so its been tricky..ive been trying to just use the head to take money...without the stacker..it takes the money and rejects it quickly...im using ones$ but i have a ton of extra wires...not familiar with these setups at all...and i know there a pain but its still pretty fun espicially if i can get one or two fully operational
roupcat

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 07:21:46 PM »

I have a VLC 8724 with similar startup  problems. I think I may need a main board because the green LED'S don't turn on. Are you going to part out one of your machines?
                            Dan
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 76

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 07:30:42 AM »

hey Dan
If he doesnt plan on parting any out then let me know cuz I have 5 and parting out one possibly two due to clear chip, others still possible to get working. I have two of them in free play. Now working on getting it to take coins or bills. No success yet. When I put in coins both machines tilt. paper money just plays put it in and it gives it back game. Also while I am butting in on this guys thread I just put a new thread on here. I am looking for a manual for 8724, had it posted in manuals thread and didnt get one reply. someone on here has one and if they do they know how frustrating these are. IF at all possible I would like access to a manual. Now that I got that out of the way back to parting out 8724. Parts on the machine i am parting out all seemed like they worked fine. LED'S lit and no other errors.  let me know what you are interested in and make me a fair offer n we should get along fine. thanks for any and all who can find me a  manual.
roupcat

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 12:25:53 PM »

Hi, I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram or manual either. I just bought a main board #778-102-001 but some of the connections have a different number of pins than the 778-101-001 board. It was a $27 gamble and I lost. Let me know how your'e doing with your machines.
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 03:30:43 AM »

i am at present without a manual at a cross roads with mine as what to do next. uploaded some pics for a couple of these guys to look at and submitting the error message I am getting when putting in any coins. Soon as it hits the optical sections machine goes into tilt mode. Diags run and test ok but I dont know if the count the machine is getting is through the optical section after the coin comparator. So I am going to post some pics of the screen and see if that explains it better. Life is much easier manual but not many too be found and told double sided making it a project to photo or scan. So other than to dig and more than likely change something I do not want to change I am just going to sit here until help arrives I guess.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 01:22:55 AM »

I was wondering...around when were these machines manufactured? Scratch Head 2
roupcat

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 11:37:10 AM »

My 8724 says mfg. 12/97 but the main board says 1993.
                                                                                Dan
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 03:45:08 PM »

all 5 of my 8724's have mfg date as 09/99. Without removing any boards I saw no dates on the top sides.  Machines made up in I think it said Montana.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.