Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:38:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  VLC Machines
| | |-+  8825-NV Stuck with a problem.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8825-NV Stuck with a problem.....  (Read 6465 times)
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« on: September 26, 2008, 11:20:45 PM »

I recently bought 3 of these for the gameroom. The problem I have with this one is corrupt data. It's showing me a screen (which I added to this post). It DID run for a while, battery was low (Alarm 34/low main battery). I shunted the one in there with a 3 volt lithium. Battery alarm went away.
A few days later, i get this alarm/error message. How do I recover from this?

Thanks for any/all help!

Kirk in Las Vegas

* CIMG1532.JPG (167.89 KB, 640x480 - viewed 421 times.)

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
monitorman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 08:42:51 PM »

you need a clear chip
kenokarz

Total Karma Storms: 284

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 11:56:43 PM »

did you check with clyde yet ????
if not let me know and i will email you his PH # again
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 06:16:43 AM »

Kirk-

This is from the manual of the 8724-NV (the previous generation of your machine) -- perhaps it may apply and could help.  I can't see it hurting anything to try it -- worst case is that your machine still wont work, and best case is that this may resolve your issue.

Mini RAMset

The Mini RAMset procedure can be used to clear various types of system failures.  The RAMset does not affect gaming machine accounting data, but the procedure must be done properly.  Do not switch Security PALs between gaming machines (this results in the error code Terminal ID Mismatch).

A Mini RAMset should be used only if the instructions to clear an error do not work.  A Mini RAMset may be effective only for System Fail codes numbered one through twenty.

Mini RAMset Procedure

When performing this procedure, wear an anti-static wrist band or take other precautionary anti-static measures.

1) Turn gaming machine power off.
2) Unlock and open the top/service door and logic cover.  Pull the electronics panel out.
3) Remove the Security PAL from socket U35 on the main logic circuit board and set the PAL aside.
4) Turn gaming machine power on.
5) The screen should display vertical color bars (the same display as is shown in the Monitor Alignment function of the Diagnostics Menu).
6) Turn gaming machine power off.
7) Place the Security PAL back into socket U35 on the main logic circuit board.
8) Close and lock all accesses.
9) Turn gaming machine power back on.

The gaming machine should be configured for a normal play mode.  If the gaming machine is not in a normal play mode, try the Mini RAMset again.  If the machine screen displays an error code, follow the instructions in this section for resolving that specific error code.  Accounting data is not affected by a Mini RAMset.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Slot Docs

Total Karma Storms: 118

Slot Docs (Buddy) (940) 389-4212 Cell

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 02:46:08 AM »

Hi Kirk,
   The problem you are experiencing is in fact a ram error and the board needs to be cleared. If you can find a clear chip (pal) for the software you have in the board it will be very expensive usually upwards of $300.00 or so. The idea posted above is a good one and will work on certain versions of the software as i have used it before. however on most versions of the 8800 SERIES SOFTWARE IT WILL NOT WORK. try it out and see if not, you can send the board to me in Texas and I can clear it and return it to you, as I do have clear chips for two versions of that software, however if your game is not one of the versions I have I can still clear it by installing a version of software that I have that matches my clear chip then reinstall your software, however in that case depending on the version of software you will not be able to to control all options within the game, ie percentage, max bet mainly fell free to give me a call at 940-367-5532 if you any questions. Slot Docs (formerly BuddmanTx on this site)
markhart
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

Collecting Antique Slots Since 1969

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 03:03:48 AM »

Kirk-

This is from the manual of the 8724-NV (the previous generation of your machine) -- perhaps it may apply and could help.  I can't see it hurting anything to try it -- worst case is that your machine still wont work, and best case is that this may resolve your issue.

Mini RAMset

The Mini RAMset procedure can be used to clear various types of system failures.  The RAMset does not affect gaming machine accounting data, but the procedure must be done properly.  Do not switch Security PALs between gaming machines (this results in the error code Terminal ID Mismatch).

A Mini RAMset should be used only if the instructions to clear an error do not work.  A Mini RAMset may be effective only for System Fail codes numbered one through twenty.

Mini RAMset Procedure

When performing this procedure, wear an anti-static wrist band or take other precautionary anti-static measures.

1) Turn gaming machine power off.
2) Unlock and open the top/service door and logic cover.  Pull the electronics panel out.
3) Remove the Security PAL from socket U35 on the main logic circuit board and set the PAL aside.
4) Turn gaming machine power on.
5) The screen should display vertical color bars (the same display as is shown in the Monitor Alignment function of the Diagnostics Menu).
6) Turn gaming machine power off.
7) Place the Security PAL back into socket U35 on the main logic circuit board.
8) Close and lock all accesses.
9) Turn gaming machine power back on.

The gaming machine should be configured for a normal play mode.  If the gaming machine is not in a normal play mode, try the Mini RAMset again.  If the machine screen displays an error code, follow the instructions in this section for resolving that specific error code.  Accounting data is not affected by a Mini RAMset.

Antique Slot Machine Collector Since 1969
Slot Docs

Total Karma Storms: 118

Slot Docs (Buddy) (940) 389-4212 Cell

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 11:05:48 AM »

Hey There,
      You can try the mini ramset and I hope it works out for you. However if and when it fails I can and do clear these boards and reset them.
Slot Docs
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 11:15:14 AM »

Thanks for all the help with this, but months ago I gave up on it. We stripped it down for parts and assemblies with a lot of it going to other VLC owners to help get them back up.
I still have the monitor/touchscreen left from it. Tube is kinda soft, but it works and touchscreen is working if anyone needs it.

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
nphra
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 10:59:49 PM »

Thanks for all the help with this, but months ago I gave up on it. We stripped it down for parts and assemblies with a lot of it going to other VLC owners to help get them back up.
I still have the monitor/touchscreen left from it. Tube is kinda soft, but it works and touchscreen is working if anyone needs it.

Kirk
What about the PCB that installed on the bottom drawer (Underneath in slan top machine.) Let me know thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.