Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:39:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  VLC Machines
| | |-+  Access Detect Battery Low HELP!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Access Detect Battery Low HELP!!!!  (Read 4279 times)
Funbob235
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:21:36 PM »

Hey All, I have a VLC Winning Touch Multi Game Model Number 8724 that has an error stating :  Temporarily Out of Order 33,  36-Access Detect Battery Low  $0.00.    Can anyone help me with this? Or where I can find a manual that will?? Thank you guys

* photo.jpg (126.67 KB, 800x600 - viewed 307 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 07:51:21 PM »

Click for the full-size version

Click for the full-size version

Welcome to NLG, Funbob.

I no longer have a VLC, but I do have an old manual that I was able to scan in the relevent stuff for you (above).

The board you need to get at is in the top logic box.  Unlock and open the top door, slide the drawer out towards you.  The access detect board, if memory serves, is a small board with one or more button batteries on it (not to be confused with the BUM board, which also has batteries on it, if memory serves).  Always turn the power off before removing or inserting boards, and don't remove that BUM board.

I can't promise that you won't need a reset chip after you change the batteries.  If you're lucky, you won't.  If you're unlucky, you're going to be stuck as the reset ("zero") chips are nearly impossible to find.   no
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:59:31 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Funbob235
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 08:22:06 PM »

Hey Knagl,

Thank you for the welcome, I hope that I will be on here for good news and not all the bad. Anyways thank you for your reply, I just printed out the information and handed it over to dad... you should of seen the deer in the headlight look he gave me. So it looks like I will be doing this, I am thankful that in my young age that I was brought up with computers and such.... Thank you again for all your help, and trust me there will be pictures and postings of when... "not if" but when it is done. Thanks again

Bobby- Hail
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:32:01 PM »

Good luck, Bobby.  Hopefully you have some soldering skills (the batteries aren't in sockets, but rather are soldered to the board).  If not, you could try bringing the board to a "Batteries Plus" type of shop, or electronic repair shop, and have them remove the old battery and have them solder on a new one.  Make sure to use the exact same type of battery/batteries when you replace it/them.  I hope all goes well and a new battery or set of batteries bring the thing back to life.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 04:49:36 PM »

Would low batteries cause a "no video" situation?

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 07:02:39 AM »

I doubt a low battery would cause a no video on the monitor.
I suspect there is something else causing the no video problem.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.