Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:25:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Itermittant blank screen
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Itermittant blank screen  (Read 4677 times)
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« on: February 28, 2010, 07:07:11 PM »

Starting yesterday my machine started to display a blank blue screen that seems to blink every few seconds. It seems to be trying to re-boot or cycle the bill validator as it has done periodically in the past.
Not knowing about these machines, I saw this cycling take place before and just assumed it was something that the game does every now and then. It hasn't happened during game play, only while the machine sits idle and now after yesterday if you leave the machine for any amount of time, it seems to blank screen fairly quickly.
Any ideas about why this is happening and how to correct it?
Thanks, Jim
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »

Check the connections to the validator. Don't forget to check the harness and the connection at the backplane as well. My next suggestion would be the PS.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 12:34:50 AM »

From what I can see everything looks good with the validator and after seeing it happen a few more times, it seems as if it's trying to boot up or something. The validator is making noise as if it's trying to accept a bill but that is normal for when I power up the machine.
When you say that it could be the PS, I assume you mean power supply. Do you think it is losing power and trying to startup but not able to complete its cycle or something?
Have you had an issue like this before?
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 01:39:05 AM »

As I read back a few post I see that some who titled their post "Bally Gamemaker won't boot" has just described my exact issue.
Please read that post to get a better understanding of what my issue is.
It suggested some things that I have never done as in a "clear chip" and "freeze spray" but it also suggested a new power supply which is what was suggested in this thread. Would a failing power supply make the machine re-boot itself? This sounds like the easiest fix and I'm more than willing to try this. Where could I get  the parts I need.
Thanks in advance, Jim
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:42:18 AM »

Mine did something similar, but much less often, and it was a bad connection to the dbv that was causing it to restart. It blanked the screen as you mentioned, but was a simple fix.

The reason that I suggested checking the power supply voltages is that power supplies are a common cause of problems like this. Check the output voltages for low voltage and or fluctuations (or even high voltage, which is less likely), and check the electrolytic capacitors for leakage or other signs of failure.

Perhaps one of our members more knowledgeable in hardware diagnostics will post a suggestion. stir the pot / get cooking propeller

<ADD> PS: We were typing at the same time, and so I had not read your response above before posting this reply. Check with our more active vendors or post a request in the classified section for a power supply. As I said, maybe someone else will have another idea before you spend money on a PS.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 01:51:05 AM »

Thanks, I'll wait a bit for more responses.
Jim
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 09:28:24 PM »

Alright, it seems that just about all of you say that the power supply is probably the issue. I have located the number on the power supply which is AS4238-41. I am looking in the Suzo/Happ website for the item but get no results. Does anyone know exactly which replacement I need?
Thanks, Jim
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 09:52:12 PM »

I may have found it  but would appreciate some comformation from those who know.

For Bally Pro Series slots V7000 & V7200 & 5000
Part Number
80-1178-00 
Power Supply Board  1+   $24.95   

Is this correct?
Thanks, Jim
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 11:24:49 AM »

Check with Jim at Blue Ridge .. he has those and his shipping cost isn't a surprise.

I know he has been on the road the last couple of days so if he doesn't reply right away give him a day or two.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.