Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:13:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Slant top Igt wild cherry gives me a error 12... help...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slant top Igt wild cherry gives me a error 12... help...  (Read 33030 times)
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

drfreeze1739@sbcglobal.net

« on: January 15, 2012, 11:23:42 PM »

Hello I just got this wild cherry slot machine 3 coin Slant top...

On ths candel both lights are flashing when the door is closed and open.. Tryed resting it with the key and the test button...

It shows 12 in the winers payed and change light flasing also... im guessing the 12 it is showing is a error code???

When closing the big door the real dont spin and reset it self.. nothing happends at all...

It wont take any coins... it just drops them back out... it dont have the bill acepter....

Attache are some pics.... Please Help.....

* 100_4060.JPG (451.53 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 282 times.)

* 100_4066.JPG (430.39 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 310 times.)

Mark
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 11:25:17 PM »

Some more pics..

* 100_4062.JPG (452.31 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 344 times.)

* 100_4063.JPG (473.94 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 368 times.)

Mark
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 11:31:40 PM »

Hello I just got this wild cherry slot machine 3 coin Slant top...

On ths candel both lights are flashing when the door is closed and open.. Tryed resting it with the key and the test button...

It shows 12 in the winers payed and change light flasing also... im guessing the 12 it is showing is a error code???

When closing the big door the real dont spin and reset it self.. nothing happends at all...

It wont take any coins... it just drops them back out... it dont have the bill acepter....

Attache are some pics.... Please Help.....

You need to replace the battery on the MPU board
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:37:44 PM »

Will have to reset the the machine using the rom chips?????

Mark
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 11:41:59 PM »

Only if you have a bill validator installed.
If so, then you'll need a SET chip to re-enable the DBV.

If there's no DBV, then you may get a [61-x] error code which are easy to clear.
When & if you get a 61 error, let us know and we can walk you through the procedure.
If you'd like to learn by yourself.
Here's where you can get some info!...>>>

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 11:42:28 PM »

Will have to reset the the machine using the rom chips?????

A lot of times after a battery change you get stuck in the 61-0 loop. Might be a good idea to have a clear and set chip on hand. You will need them at some time or another.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 02:19:38 AM »

Only if you have a bill validator installed.
If so, then you'll need a SET chip to re-enable the DBV.

You should not have to even with a BV. The EEPROM stores the BV enable data. A bad battery is no different than pulling the CMOS which will get 're-loaded' when clearing the 61.
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 02:58:11 AM »

Ok.. Thank you for all your help.... I orderd the battery so i should have it this week...

I will let you know when i get it...

Thank you again..

Mark

Mark
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 01:33:07 PM »

Dose any one know where i can get the clear chip and the reset chip just in case i need them?????

I all ready orderd the battey... Just waiting for it to come in to me...

Dose any one know where i can find a slant top manual for this wild cherry machine???

I found the manual for the stand up style but cant find the slant top manual...

I can post pics of my mother board later tonight and check the numbers on the chips later tonight......

I know i seen 1 of the chips has a clear see through part on the chip. Not sure if this means any thing.....

Mark
poppo

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »

Dose any one know where i can get the clear chip and the reset chip just in case i need them?????

I know i seen 1 of the chips has a clear see through part on the chip. Not sure if this means any thing.....

Just put a WTB in the classifieds here. But first use this method to determine your SP and SS numbers.

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

While just about any set chip will work for enabling a BV, it's best to get the one specified for your SP chip so that you can enable other features at some point if you wanted to. Certain features require a specific set chip.

The window on the chip just means it's an eprom and someone was either too lazy to put a piece of tape over it or it fell off. The window is used for erasing the chip with a UV lamp. While it's unlikely to accidentally erase the chip with the window uncovered, it's good practice to keep it covered with some tape or a label.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »

To be, um, "clear", there is a "clear chip" and a "SET chip" (not a "reset chip").  A clear chip is used to zap the memory of the EEPROM that is fixed inside of your machine.  It is incredibly rare to need a clear chip on an S+, although one of the rare occasions is that you sometimes need it after replacing a low battery.  On the other hand, I've had machines with low batteries that fired right back up without any hesitation after replacing the battery, so you don't always need it.

A "SET chip" is used to enable a dollar bill validator.  Since your machine does not have a dollar bill validator, you do not need a SET chip for it.

Should you desire to buy a clear chip, you can post in the classifieds section and a vendor or member will be able to sell you one.  Typically the pair of clear and SET chips go for under $20.  Since you don't have a bill validator, and the need for a clear chip is pretty rare, I'd probably hold off for now until you get your battery replaced -- you very well may not need the clear chip.

Dose any one know where i can find a slant top manual for this wild cherry machine???

I found the manual for the stand up style but cant find the slant top manual...

The only difference between the two are some physical parts (the hopper is different as an upright doesn't use a coin escalator, for example).  The operation of the machines is identical, though.

I can post pics of my mother board later tonight and check the numbers on the chips later tonight......

I'm not being nit-picky, but I want to explain a couple of terms since you're new to this and the terms tend to get jumbled up.   Professor

• The removable board to the left of the hopper that slides out and contains the GAME ("SP") and DATA ("SS") chips is called the MPU board.  (Always turn the power off before removing or inserting the MPU board or permanent damage can occur.)

• The fixed board in the back of the machine that the MPU board is plugged into is called the motherboard.  The motherboard is typically never removed from a machine unless it gets damaged or if the EEPROM needs to be replaced (not a frequent occurrence).

As far as the "clear see through part on the chip", that is called a "window", and is exposed to permit the chip to be erased with the use of a special UV light.  Exposing the chip to UV light will erase the data on the chip and allow it to be reprogrammed with the use of an EPROM programmer (typically called an "EPROM burner").  Since you don't want to erase the data on your chip, it would be a good idea to put a label or a piece of black electrical tape over the window to prevent any risk of accidentally exposing the chip to enough UV light that could cause it to be erased.  In reality, you'd need to leave it exposed to the sun for weeks before there would likely be any damage, but, "better safe than sorry."

Since the chip doesn't have a label on it, we won't be able to determine the data that is burned on it until after you get your low battery issue resolved.  (The numbers printed on that chip will just tell you what kind of EPROM chip it is -- not what information has been programmed on the chip.)

Not to jump ahead, but once your battery issue is resolved, this page explains how to use your machine to determine what SP and SS chips you have installed.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 05:52:17 PM »

Thank you for letting me know about puting some tape over that clear window on that chip.
I will do that when i get home...

I bought this unit off of Craigs list..

The guy said it was working untill his kids got to playing with it....

I did find out that the sample coin was missing so i just replaced it with one of mine....

Thank you all for all your feed back with this issuse...

I will keep you posted once i receive the parts i orderd...

Thank you once again...

Mark

Mark
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »

I'm not being nit-picky, but I want to explain a couple of terms since you're new to this and the terms tend to get jumbled up.   Professor

In another thread - a fella was calling the MPU... a "CPU".
I asked if he was fixing a slot machine, a laptop computer, or "R2D2"... rotflmao

* R2D2.png (609.96 KB, 633x540 - viewed 332 times.)
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 01:54:01 AM »

Once you get it up and running. You'll want to see what your chips are in it and possibly get new stickers.

Currently (if my math is right) the top award for 3 coins is smaller than it is for 2 coins if it is at a 25 cent denom. You'll get it up and running in no time so I figured I should point it out so that you had your next project line up  arrow

S+ machines run like a tank once they are working. I have 2 slant tops just like yours without the bill validators and they are bulletproof.
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 02:01:53 AM »

Here are the pics of the board....

* 100_4067.JPG (536.52 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 339 times.)

* 100_4068.JPG (489.11 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 308 times.)

Mark
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 02:06:35 AM »

i just got done working on a slant top 5x machine i bought from craiges list for 60.00..

Then i bought this wild cherry slant top for 100.00

Mark
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 02:07:59 AM »

How would i fugure out what the chip numbers are???

Mark
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 02:09:15 AM »

How would i fugure out what the chip numbers are???

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 02:27:20 AM »

4 is displayed in your coins played window. the it shows 0 the flashes 4133 in the winners payed...

Nothing shows up in the credit window like the link you sent me sayes....

Mark
poppo

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 02:52:22 AM »

4 is displayed in your coins played window. the it shows 0 the flashes 4133 in the winners payed...

Nothing shows up in the credit window like the link you sent me sayes....

Well 4133 would be a Wild Cherry reel chip ( 87% blech). But it should be alternating with another set of numbers.
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 03:23:28 AM »

would it have to do with the dip switche's on the board???

Mark
poppo

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 03:49:21 AM »

would it have to do with the dip switche's on the board???

Nope. Might try doing it again.

It's also possible the game chip has partly erased due to no cover over the window and is bad. Normally you would get an 62_0 error if the game chip was bad, but since you already have a 12 error, you may need to get that cleared first to see what other errors come up.
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 05:24:01 AM »

If i put it on 6 on the coins played  i get 1    4 in the winnwer payed and then i get 2022 in the credits... Dose this mean anything??

Mark
poppo

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 01:19:51 PM »

If i put it on 6 on the coins played  i get 1    4 in the winnwer payed and then i get 2022 in the credits... Dose this mean anything??

Not really. But please tell us exactly what steps you did to get to that point.
drfreeze1739
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 01:34:27 PM »

All i did was press the test button untill i got to 6 and it showed these numbers i gave...

I got it to do a test spin using the test button.

I got it to make sound by using the test button...

Then i got it to click like it was cashing out and the coin counter was spinning by using the test button....

Mark
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.