Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:32:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  concorde 2 sx touch screen
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: concorde 2 sx touch screen  (Read 21918 times)
racergiant
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 105

« on: September 16, 2008, 07:02:50 AM »

Started by hammer0422 -

hi hope some one can help . I have a conquest touch screen trivia game when i turn the machine on it stays on for about 5 minutes then turns it self off after a few minutes it comes back on then does it again any help thanks Jim
racergiant

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 07:04:27 AM »

By ROCKET -

Quote from: hammer0422 on March 16, 2008, 08:56:02 PM
hi hope some one can help . I have a conquest touch screen trivia game when i turn the machine on it stays on for about 5 minutes then turns it self off after a few minutes it comes back on then does it again any help thanks Jim
hi im guessing your refering to the JVL game ??
i need a little more info  ?but does the game power up and play OK ?? FOR THE FIVE MINUTES ?
if it does look to see if the cooling fans are working on the model ??
i dont know which model you have ??but the cpu cooling fan could not be working causing it to
overheat triping the sensor turning the machine off or MY GUESS =MORE LIKELY THE POWER SUPPLY FAN IS GONE
CAUSING IT TO OVERHEAT .. like
many electric--motors have a thermal limiter switch
after a certain temp .they turn themselves off ..not to burn up any internals ..

so does it power up work fine ?
then after five minutes it goes dead ?
does it come back on after 5 minutes or does it take 1/2 hour before you can
physically turn it back on ??

also HATE TO SAY IT DUST DIRT ETC WILL MAKE A MACHINE DO THEY SAME !!
thats heavy dirt like this below first pict is a cpu fan somewhere way back i posted a fan that came off the titanic
the second pict is  dirt inside control area of a conquest i picked up i think a bunny rabbit made a nest thedust bunny's were so bad im surprised it did not start fire..

my guess is you have a bad power supply dirty or worn out ==both causing it to trip off from overheating
first pict is cpu fan on a early concorde /conquest this not that dirty second is control panel hidden on some conquest early designs
they are dust -dirt- magnets ..this is what i bet yours looks like .. NOT THAT IM SAYING YOUR DIRTY -MACHINE IS   
ROCKET

* cpu fan dirt.jpg (59.94 KB, 480x360 - viewed 382 times.)

* JVL I TOUCH 3 STARBURST 017.jpg (72.66 KB, 480x360 - viewed 327 times.)
racergiant

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:05:35 AM »

By hammer0422 -

yes it is the jvl powers up and plays OK i found one fan on the top left of machine sometimes it comes on right away others it takes a while but does not stay on long will check out the fans and will post back thanks for the help Jim

* GetAttachment.jpg (10.49 KB, 320x240 - viewed 336 times.)

* GetAttachment 3.jpg (11.32 KB, 320x240 - viewed 339 times.)
racergiant

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 07:08:35 AM »

By ROCKET -

thats a concorde 1 or a concorde 2
but from the screen shot it has concorde 2 software in it !!!
thats as high as you can go on that model for upgrades so you know ..

you need a concorde 3 or higher to upgrade that has the jp-10 board in my picture above

you have two boards mounted vertical on left side when you open back door .
BOTH SAME CABINETS ON 1 & 2

MODIFIED LOOK AT PICT AGAIN YOU FOUND IT

on front down bottom two phillips head  screws under front part of monitor remove that lets you remove the inspection cover
that you see in my picture above .. will let you clean out that dirt there .

but now that you showed me what you have most common problem on those is worn out cd-rom
the cd-roms are junk just replace it  --remember where to plug the jumper on the cd -rom that you removed to put it on the new one
that is most likely the trouble now after seeing it .. its the cd rom thats just dieing off after five minutes not entire machine ..

those are a bugger to get to there all the way up front under the monitor ..

if you need picts i have millions lol
rocket
racergiant

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 07:08:56 AM »

By hammer0422 -

thanks I took the back off it seems to work fine now . I need to clean it but i think that is the problem can i buy a new board to upgrade if so do you have one  or do i need a new machine thanks Jim
racergiant

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 07:09:14 AM »

By hammer0422 -

up and running great replaced the CD drive cleaned machine out seems to be OK   thanks a lot for your help rocket  this site is great  Jim
racergiant

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 07:10:12 AM »

Quote from: hammer0422 on March 17, 2008, 09:58:16 AM
up and running great replaced the CD drive cleaned machine out seems to be OK   thanks a lot for your help rocket  this site is great  Jim
hi Jim ,
as i posted above YOU CANNOT UPGRADE SERIES ONE SERIES TWO CONCORDE JVL MACHINES ANY HIGHER

YOU HAVE TO BUY A CONCORDE 3 OR UP
the picture i posted on my first reply is a concorde 3 machine with concorde 7 software
you also have to add ram to it the higher you go ..

personally myself i have piles of them .. the early concorde one offers a music attraction mode which is cool

plus many of the trivia on sports you realy have to think ?? to win because of the steroid WINS IN BASESBALL ETC .

its a great machine concorde 1 & 2 and suffer less screen burn than later yrs models because they act as a screen saver faster in idle
mode . the concorde 3 and up are far superior in the respect that along with the cd-rom concorde runs the flash card memory stick
which is giving the machine basically no moving parts .. thats why they last longer than a merit etc ..

BUT TO UPGRADE PAST CONCORDE 2 YOU NEED TO BUY A CONCORDE 3 OR UP
if you need bill validators for yours i have exctras etc PM if needed .. plus extra trim or plastic ..

glad it works out ok ..

rocket
rakibird
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 08:47:24 AM »

On a related note...

I have a damaged JVL Concorde 2 CDROM disc... any chance someone wants to sell me a replacement? I'll even buy a burned disc... I can't find one anywhere!

Please?? Smiley
hammer0422
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 11:28:32 PM »

I have one if I can find some one to burn it I will send it to you
rakibird
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 04:19:35 AM »

I have one if I can find some one to burn it I will send it to you

I will burn it for you and give you a couple bucks for the help... and mail it back! Smiley

I seriously appreciate your help!
hammer0422

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 11:28:18 AM »

Send me your address and I will mail you a copy
rakibird
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »

I emailed you the information...

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! Smiley
hammer0422

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 06:10:07 PM »

Had the cd burned, put it in the machine it says invalid cd label  any ideas what went wrong or what I should try next.
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 11:46:08 PM »

You might want to copy it as an iso .img file and then write it back to a CD. Nero does this, maybe someone else can recommend a freeware program if you don't already have one for .img files.

Dan (tacman)

Information for backup purposes only.

tootall415
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »

hey i have a concorde 1 with a concorde 2 disc i was wondering if you could tell me where i could find a manual for the unit or possibly tell me what system fault code 213 is. thank you very much.
bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1006

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 02:15:54 PM »

Jvl stopped supporting the concorde 2 and once your battery goes don't replace it just set it on free play or you lose everything. Error 213 is a memory error and can be fixed by doing a factory reset.
I'm parting out a concorde 2 now so if anyone wants it come and get it no charge. Except Tacman!!! No games for you! 1 year!

rakibird
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »

I'd like the motherboard from your unit...

... what if I pulled a George Constanza and hooked up auxillary power to the system while replacing that battery? (So it never lost power for the memory battery) Could that work?

... or is the machine useless after the code is lost? There has to be a way to get that code back or something!

Thanks,
 rakibird
bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 07:17:41 PM »

You can try to send it to jvl and have them reprogram it but I don't know if they still have all the backups for the concorde

rakibird
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 07:21:12 PM »

They no longer support it and won't help me...

... did you or anyone have a motherboard I can buy? (I assume that would fix it?)
bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 07:54:34 PM »

Sorry I changed the battery and lost everything

dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 10:08:59 PM »

... what if I pulled a George Constanza and hooked up auxillary power to the system while replacing that battery? (So it never lost power for the memory battery) Could that work?

lol!  God I love Seinfield...

Dan #2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-FbktgqCqY&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/a-FbktgqCqY&rel=0</a>

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

tootall415
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 10:15:42 PM »

Jvl stopped supporting the concorde 2 and once your battery goes don't replace it just set it on free play or you lose everything. Error 213 is a memory error and can be fixed by doing a factory reset.

ok so how would i go about doing a factory reset, im new to this type of hardware. the only reason i have this unit is because my grandmother recieved it from a dealer who wanted to get rid of it. and again ill even be happy with a digital copy of the manual for reference, it would be much apreciated. and thank you for the help.
rakibird
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 10:20:18 PM »

I have the manual for the device... I'll see if I have a copy on this computer for you.

As for Concorde2 factory reset:

Boot device up while holding the button (to enter setup menu) INSIDE the chassis near the bill/coin acceptor. Once it says "Loading" for a few seconds... let go of that button. It should ask if you want to proceed with the reset.

Good luck!

- rakibird
tootall415
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 10:21:32 PM »

thank you so much
mike

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »

i would like to know what code i sould put in /mine said unregisterd version can any one help please/
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.