A Thanksgiving mini project on my Mills "open front" slot.

(1/2) > >>

shortrackskater:
I bought this machine a few years ago. It had been sitting on a garage floor for years so the lower chrome isn't as nice anymore. I think it got a lot of moisture at the base. The machine has been working fine, but I was tired of the payout tray. The chrome was all flaking off. Since I can't afford to have it re-chromed ... why not rustoleum hammertone paint???
(My spell check tried to turn that into "mausoleum hammertoe")  :72-
So I slid out the drawer, removed the two original locks (which I have the keys for!), and tried to unbolt the face from the quarter tray part. Unfortunately the bolt head just twisted off! I think it may have been bolted in, then tack welded? Luckily there are three other bolts holding the face on.
So I just taped and masked the tray. Next I wire wheeled the coin tray. One part was unusual...a long section of the shiny chrome came off to reveal more RUST! One small maybe dime-sized section was layered rust so I didn't press too hard there. Then I just sanded the entire area I planned to paint. Did one final clean and applied two layers of Rustoleum Hammertone gray. Here's before and after shots. It's not perfect but I think it looks better. The entire project too me under an hour.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone - a day late!
 :169-

shortrackskater:
Close up.

Amachanic:
Wow.. Nice job..   :3-   I have a couple machines that could use this job done. Thanks for the pictures.

Gary

Buzz:
I haven't thought about it for a long time, but I had a S+ that someone had cut and glued a piece of green felt inside the coin tray. I don't know why, my guess was to cut out some of the noise but it looked pretty damn good.

CVslots:
Shorttrack - Looks good!

Buzz - Yes, I'm guessing that's why, as I did that exact thing when Darrell had 5-6 EMs in our family room. I didn't get crazy and glue it or anything, just laced it in the tray. It REALLY cut down on the noise!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page