Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 742a was working and is now bust
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 742a was working and is now bust  (Read 8741 times)
markthorpe
« on: April 06, 2009, 09:50:10 PM »

Hello there,
Saved a Bally 742a from the scrap and after a bit of a clean/grease it accepted a coin, span and paid out correctly.
The winner paid and insert coin lights were all on so I checked/adjusted all the switches on the left hand side of the reels.
Now the coin accepter does not release the handle at all and I have to release it manually. I have checked all fuses and switches and they all seem fine. The coin acceptor causes a click on the let hand side of the reels switches but nothing else.

Anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks,
Mark
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 10:03:54 PM »

Welcome Mark. I'm not even gonna go there. You've come to the right spot to get your answers. I'm sure it is simple and one of our seasoned members will help you out. I'm not even as close as you with my wiring problems.  bawling
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 11:47:08 PM »

Mark     in your efforts to solve one problem you created another, if memory serves, me right a set of those switches also controls the handle release relay. Re check the switches on the coin relay assembly. The handle release coil will energize on the upward swing of the coin in switch. I think you will find your problem there, and only a slight adjustment is necessary. Use a burnishing tool to clean contacts. You can remove the reel mech and use your finger to latch the relay assembly and test the switch contacts, and then manually release them to check the second action.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
markthorpe
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 04:24:46 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply Jim. I will have a good look at it once more.
Much appreciated.
Mark
markthorpe
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 05:26:21 PM »

Hey all,
Checked and cleaned all switches and they look good. I've got a feeling that the handle release coil is not getting voltage or is bust. Anyone know how much DC it is supposed to take ?
Thanks,
Mark
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 07:03:42 PM »

the coil is 50 v  AC -  to test run a jumper wire from a YELLOW wire to the coil pole OPPOSITE the ORANGE wire.  this will make the 50 volt circuit - see if the coil activates.  The switch at the handle is only a 2 blade switch (Normally closed) make sure the switch is closed (continuity check) - If I remember correctly the wires s/b an orange/green from the coin switch on the door?
[/quote]
Op-Bell
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 11:26:02 PM »

Handle release coil - I have several diagrams for this that don't agree. The concensus seems to be as follows, the precise order and wire colors may vary.

One side of the coil goes to 50V (orange). The other side goes as follows:

- White/blue wire to a contact near the coil that opens and cuts off the power when the release arm drops
- Black/yellow to a normally open contact on the coin relay, closed when the relay is operated
- Blue/white to the dashpot switch, closed when the handle is fully upright
- White/orange to a normally closed contact on the payout relay on the hopper, closed when not paying out
- Brown wire to the C1 switch, a vertical stack on the left hand side of the reel mech, closed when mech is at rest
- Gray/red to the A switch, a single vertical switch at the rear on the left hand side, closed when the mech is at rest
- Orange/green to the normally closed contact of the coin microswitch
- Yellow wire to 50V return
markthorpe
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 07:42:51 PM »

Thanks for the invaluable info. You wouldn't have any diagrams available in electronic format would you by chance ?
Mark
Op-Bell

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 05:26:24 AM »

I'm sorry, no, not for EMs.
markthorpe
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 12:48:05 PM »

Hello guys,
I checked the release coil and it opens/closes with voltage.
Here's the problem(s) I have:

All lights are on (Coin accepted/insert coin and winner paid) permanently. They go off for a split-second when I pull the handle.
The coin accept switch switches a load of stuff on the reel mech when down but does not release the handle.
I have checked the manual and want to check the switch bank on the reel mech but it states ("the following switch stock read from bottom to top") what does this mean ? I need to check the status of these switches and have included the positions from the manual. Can anyone help with that ? I have the AS-435-50 model I believe)
Thanks,
Mark

* Switches.jpg (143.43 KB, 840x525 - viewed 345 times.)
markthorpe
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »

Hi all,
Here's photo of the switches on the side of the reel mech.
Thanks a lot,
Mark

* SwitchesPhoto.jpg (77.1 KB, 1944x1296 - viewed 332 times.)
Op-Bell

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »

That's the 'B' switch stack. The handle release doesn't go through this one. You want the 'C' stack to the right of it, in which the switches are horizontal and the words "bottom to top" have some meaning.
markthorpe
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »

Hello there,
I can't find horizontal switches to the right of this stack. Here's the reel mech photo. Stumped now.
Mark

* reelmechside.jpg (109.46 KB, 1944x1296 - viewed 442 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.