Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:47:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  EM hopper adjustment to Bally Mint 1978
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EM hopper adjustment to Bally Mint 1978  (Read 6330 times)
easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: May 29, 2009, 04:42:29 PM »

In this moment machine does not pay coins at winnings, previous fault was that machines spits coins but because one dent was used the pay disk does not turn and machine stops , going to  " mechanic request "  reset from the back button ,,,,

I have modified the reset position and changed  the postion of the dented disk with 180 grades as the used dents to be in  the opposite side
I need to know the reset position of the payment disc see picture attached
Is any way of test mode for the hopper ?
Any manual for those EM Ballys ? have read some on the trobleshooting EM but I need more

Marius

* mint3reels.jpg (667.72 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 223 times.)

* DSC01433.JPG (649.98 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 317 times.)

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:13:17 PM »

you need to adjust the zero stop which is located just above your finger and to the right in the picture - the wipers are resting just to the right of the 2 pay circuit - they need to be resting on the far left part of the 2 circuit.
easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 06:25:23 PM »

so first lower wiper to be moved counter clock wise at the  end of the   2   area 
not between 2 and 5 right ?

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 07:57:39 PM »

the wiper goes to the RIGHT of CO and LEFT most part of the 2!!!
easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »

hi again

I can not put at the end of the 2 zone counter clockwise because the reset contact and the red upper left cam can not be adjusted
it remains no gap for it
now how is in the picture machine pays 12 instead of 10 and 24 instead of 20

* cam1.jpg (169.95 KB, 800x600 - viewed 281 times.)

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 08:59:24 PM »

the rubber bumper just above the "red cam" and the zero switch is adjustable - using a small allen wrench.
easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:59:52 AM »

I know that, adjusting the bumper position will set up the resting points of the leafs and  reset of all mechanism (via small leaf contact  ) after payment is done
why  are errors at   paid  coins ?  this is the question now

Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 06:23:41 AM »

From looking at the picture, I would say your hopper wipers are properly adjusted. Since you get 2 extra for a 10 payout and 4 extra for a 20 (is that consistent?) the problem is more likely it is putting out some coins without counting them. I can't see from the picture if this is mechanically or electrically stepped, but I would guess it's electric, with a solenoid to step up the count disk. My first guess is the hopper is sized for Ike dollars and you are using slightly smaller coins or tokens that are not lifting the roller far enough, so it doesn't always operate the coin out switch reliably. The coin knife could be loose or badly adjusted, giving the same effect. The screws holding the contact stack together could be loose, making the switch unreliable. It could be that the step-up solenoid screws are loose, or the step-up linkage is bent, which could make it occasionally fail to click over a ratchet tooth. The ratchet teeth themselves could be worn or damaged. The reset solenoid or linkage could be sticking, so that the first couple of steps reset themselves. Check the several coil springs on the ratchet linkage - one may have broken or fallen off. The payout relay could be sticking so the hopper runs on after it's finished. Something along those lines, anyway, in about that order of probability.
easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »

well I will have to check again with some coins with the same  phisical caracteristics with the  25  cents US

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.