Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:18:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  IGT Draw Poker - Coin in Time out - problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Draw Poker - Coin in Time out - problem  (Read 3708 times)
70sgroovy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: June 09, 2013, 11:44:22 PM »

Hello folks,

I have a 1978 IGT Video Poker machine. Not sure of the model number.
Its been working fine and then all of a sudden got
COIN IN
TIME OUT

message in lower right corner of screen.

ive looked thru threads on this topic and cant seem to figure it out.

I have emptied and refilled the coin hopper. It has plenty to pay out
I cant seem to find any reset button that I have read about on other machines.
Im kind of stuck

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
Groovy DP
Here are a few photos.

* IMG_0514.JPG (573.5 KB, 800x1071 - viewed 353 times.)

* IMG_0511.JPG (383.01 KB, 800x598 - viewed 283 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 11:54:38 PM »

Hey, welcome to the site.

You have either a Fortune I or a Fortune II.  The graphics are definitely Fortune I, but the machine itself looks more like a Fortune II (which has an option to use Fortune I graphics, so that's why I'm saying it might be that).

A coin-IN timeout means that there's an issue with where the coins are dropped IN to the machine (in other words, not the hopper).  Please post a few pictures of the inside of your machine, including specifically the area on the inside of the door where coins are dropped in, and we can give you some more guidance.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
70sgroovy

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 12:11:40 AM »

Gotacha
Im not sure if these shots will help
If not let me know if I need to take something apart

Thanks so much

* IMG_0523.JPG (487.14 KB, 1000x747 - viewed 379 times.)

* IMG_0521.JPG (572.82 KB, 1000x747 - viewed 363 times.)
70sgroovy

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 12:18:57 AM »

Here is a shot with the plastic mech removed

* IMG_0525.JPG (610.44 KB, 1000x747 - viewed 286 times.)
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 12:25:56 AM »

Great pictures! Clap

I'm not an Fortune I or II expert and I have different coin comparitors, however, when I've gotten that message, a couple of things I tried were ...

1)  Clean the comparitor, which could be as simple as blowing any dust out of the top (comparitor) and the little metal shute on the bottom-left (assuming that's the optics).

2)  Check all wired connections.  Make sure the machine is off before pushing any loose connections in. The idea here is to follow the harness of wires plugged into the comparitor to ensure it didn't come disconnected at the other end.

3)  If neither of these work, then I suspect the Fortune experts will walk you through finding the tiny white button that gets you into the menu screens so you can test the comparitor.

NLG Welcome

:Dave
70sgroovy

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 12:35:41 AM »

Thanks Dave,
I will give that a shot

Smiley
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 01:14:48 AM »

Whichever of the two models you have, your machine uses a simple microswitch to add credits to the game.  There's a mechanical coin acceptor there (like most arcade games have) that either accepts or rejects the coin, and if it's accepted, the coin drops down and triggers that microswitch shown in picture IMG_0521.

Check the wiring coming from that switch, and ensure that the the switch isn't stuck.  When you move the wire that the coin would hit on its way down, you should be able to hear a very tiny click each time you activate the switch.

Also, is there any indication on the screen of a "Door Open" message when the door is open, and does that go away when the door is closed?

Finally, you could try turning the jackpot reset key on the outside of the machine once to see if that will clear the error.  I'm not a Fortune I or Fortune II expert, but I don't think it'll hurt anything to try it.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.