Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:23:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  Disconnecting Coin Meters On An S+
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disconnecting Coin Meters On An S+  (Read 10935 times)
5 ACES
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« on: December 22, 2009, 03:54:34 AM »

Can you disconnect the coin in, coin out and coin drop meters, located on the top right side of an S+ machine and still be able to play it?
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »

AFAIK , Yes.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:31:50 PM »

Yes,
There's a harness coming from the meters to the motherboard that has mostly brown wires...
I've attached a picture of the 7-pin molex plug that connects to the motherboard. propeller
The black molex can be pulled out as there's a small tab on the back of it that
allows the connector to be released from the motherboard socket. yes
I've outlined in yellow the meter harness and circled the connector.
Click on picture to enlarge it!>>>

* coin meters motherboard plug 002.jpg (54.78 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 276 times.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:37:37 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
5 ACES

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 06:50:14 PM »

Yes,
There's a harness coming from the meters to the motherboard that has mostly brown wires...
I've attached a picture of the 7-pin molex plug that connects to the motherboard. propeller

Thank You stayouttadabunker for such a detailed picture and instructions on disconnecting it. It resembles the same harness that goes to the stepper light. The only reason I ask, is that my meters are starting to stick and it's causing the credit's to count up slow, or sometimes, the credits just stop for awhile and then it finally breaks free.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 07:00:33 PM »

You're very welcome!
Why don't ya put an ad up in the "Classifieds" section of NLG for another set of meters?
Basically it's an just plug-n-play item!
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 07:28:10 PM »

Yes,

Thank You stayouttadabunker for such a detailed picture and instructions on disconnecting it. It resembles the same harness that goes to the stepper light. The only reason I ask, is that my meters are starting to stick and it's causing the credit's to count up slow, or sometimes, the credits just stop for awhile and then it finally breaks free.

That "sticking" is the accounting mode of the slot to "catch up" on all the transactions. My S2000 does it also.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
5 ACES

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 07:50:14 PM »

Yes,

That "sticking" is the accounting mode of the slot to "catch up" on all the transactions. My S2000 does it also.

Really? If that's the case then maybe my meters aren't sticking. Have you ever played your machine with the door open and used the little white credit button on the coin comparator? Man, it plays much faster, since it bypasses the coin meters the credits count up super fast, plus you don't get that noise that comes from the clicking credit meters! What you said makes sense, because it really does it, if you put a $100 bill into the machine. It seems to "wait" for the coin meter to 'catch up" to what's on the credit window.
5 ACES

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 10:29:10 PM »

Cool! Disconnected the harness from the motherboard and it works nice. I may just leave it unplugged, as it now counts the credits much faster....
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 12:04:47 AM »

What I think is happening...please bear with me for a minute...this might sound like a pile of bologna but...
By dis-connecting the harness...
(Those meters are a hog in power usage anyways plus they're very old and way beyond their given lifespans)
you've allowing the machine to function better -
putting less strain on the both the microprocessor AND the electrical components.

Think of it as taking the excess clothing out of your washing machine and washing less clothes.
The clothes slosh through the soapy water much better leaving you with cleaner clothes!?
                                                      OR
Going into your computer, clicking Start>Run>msconfig>disabling all the startup items and
watching your computer just fly like an eagle through pages and programs!
Most people have way way WAY too many startup programs going on in the background and
those people are always the ones bringing their computer to me and asking me that eternal question...

"Can you make my computer speed up? It's too slow!" LOL
5 ACES

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 01:29:19 AM »

What I think is happening...please bear with me for a minute...this might sound like a pile of bologna but...
By dis-connecting the harness...
(Those meters are a hog in power usage anyways plus they're very old and way beyond their given lifespans)
you've allowing the machine to function better -
putting less strain on the both the microprocessor AND the electrical components.

Think of it as taking the excess clothing out of your washing machine and washing less clothes.
The clothes slosh through the soapy water much better leaving you with cleaner clothes!?
                                                      OR
Going into your computer, clicking Start>Run>msconfig>disabling all the startup items and
watching your computer just fly like an eagle through pages and programs!
Most people have way way WAY too many startup programs going on in the background and
those people are always the ones bringing their computer to me and asking me that eternal question...

"Can you make my computer speed up? It's too slow!" LOL

stayouttadabunker, your 100% correct on everything you said! I for one, hate those pesky program hogs that startup without you knowing about it. I pick through those programs and disable them on my computer. I absolutely HATE those things and how slow it makes your computer run. Secondly, this is weird but proves your correct. I blew an 8 AMP fuse on my S+ because I shorted out my mini photon meter. All I had was a 3 AMP fuse. It worked fine, until I put my 5 line 5X Pay game in AND PLUGGED IN THE STEPPER LIGHT. Guess what happened after about 10 minutes? Blew the 3 AMP fuse. Even though it was only five little #86 bulbs, it was enough to blow it. So I can imagine disabling the coin meter, does in fact make things a whole lot easier on the machine, plus it's something you can actually notice with the improved play speed.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 01:35:15 AM »

5 Aces...
Can you do me a big favor?
Can I see a picture of that "Stepper Light" that holds the 5 bulbs?
Especially around where the wiring goes into it?
5 ACES

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 02:14:34 AM »

Here ya go. Let me know if you need other angles...

* 100_1297.JPG (367.96 KB, 1326x1932 - viewed 262 times.)

* 100_1302.JPG (276.47 KB, 909x1932 - viewed 251 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 03:02:52 AM »

Oh! That's a shadow box  up on the left hand side by the door hinge for
a multi line game like a 5 line or 9 line Double Diamond game!
Yes, you could use just about any kind of LEDs but my advice is to
get the kind of LEDs that have more of a "flood light" quality to the light they emit.
Why? Because most LEDs have a very narrow beam of light and from
the front of the reel glass, it's going to look light a small dot of white light
instead of a big highlighted area.
These particular LEDs are harder to locate...
you have to pick a website that stocks these kinds of LEDs.
They are definitely not all alike!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 12:41:05 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 03:23:35 AM »

Good points Stout. I gave up on the LEDs and just use regular 86 bulbs in my shadow boxes.

For those who might want to tap the harness for power (like Stout), consider that it was designed to be hooked up only when playing line games. The center bulb (for the first payline) always has power when a line game is installed during idle and play modes with the door closed. Each successive bulb is lit as extra coins are played.

On the other hand, when a cm game is installed, only the one light corresponding to the last number of coin played is lit, i.e., the center bulb will light when the first coin is inserted, but when the second coin is inserted, the center bulb will go out and the second payline bulb will light. Therefore, no single wire will be hot all of the time during regular play on a cm game.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
5 ACES

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 03:55:23 AM »

Good points Stout. I gave up on the LEDs and just use regular 86 bulbs in my shadow boxes.

For those who might want to tap the harness for power (like Stout), consider that it was designed to be hooked up only when playing line games. The center bulb (for the first payline) always has power when a line game is installed during idle and play modes with the door closed. Each successive bulb is lit as extra coins are played.

On the other hand, when a cm game is installed, only the one light corresponding to the last number of coin played is lit, i.e., the center bulb will light when the first coin is inserted, but when the second coin is inserted, the center bulb will go out and the second payline bulb will light. Therefore, no single wire will be hot all of the time during regular play on a cm game.

Oh man, I just ordered 10 of them!  Duh! They weren't that expensive, so I guess it's not a total loss. I just hate that "brown" look that comes from a regular bulb. The #555 LED's are so much brighter and better looking, I thought the #86 LED's would look nice too. Oh well, I'll install them, see that they look weird and probably just pop back in the regular ones.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »

Well,
When you get them in...
the plug end will be marked with a red stripe meaning
that's the side for the + power or the live wire.
The other side is of course for the ground wire...
If it doesn't light up, just pull it out and flip it around.
No harm done. Almost no one gets it right the first time...!
It's a 50/50 chance...LOL
Show us what it looks like on your machine when you get it in! yes
5 ACES

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »

Well,
When you get them in...
the plug end will be marked with a red stripe meaning
that's the side for the + power or the live wire.
The other side is of course for the ground wire...
If it doesn't light up, just pull it out and flip it around.
No harm done. Almost no one gets it right the first time...!
It's a 50/50 chance...LOL
Show us what it looks like on your machine when you get it in! yes

Thanks for the tip! I'll tell you this, I ordered 10 of those LED's last night, from the link posted above, around 10:00PM. They were shipped today at 6:47AM. It looks like a fairly good place to order stuff from and shipping was only $3.73.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 04:09:43 PM »

Thanks for the tip! I'll tell you this, I ordered 10 of those LED's last night, from the link posted above, around 10:00PM. They were shipped today at 6:47AM. It looks like a fairly good place to order stuff from and shipping was only $3.73.

Must not have ordered them from Happ, or it would have been $37.30 shipping.

Oh wait, maybe the $3.73 was per bulb?  rotflmao rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing bust gut laughing rotflmao Duh!

Thanks,
Bill
5 ACES

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 08:27:05 PM »

Oh wait, maybe the $3.73 was per bulb?  rotflmao rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing bust gut laughing rotflmao Duh!

bust gut laughing That is the truth!! I can personally say that I was one of the "Shipping Charge Victims" when I first ordered something from Happ's. My jaw hit the floor when I saw what they charged me for shipping... hissy fit
StatFreak

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »

Oh wait, maybe the $3.73 was per bulb?  rotflmao rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing bust gut laughing rotflmao Duh!

bust gut laughing That is the truth!! I can personally say that I was one of the "Shipping Charge Victims" when I first ordered something from Happ's. My jaw hit the floor when I saw what they charged me for shipping... hissy fit

It could have been worse: your bank balance could have hit the floor!  Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing
We could start a club of everyone who has been stung at least once by Happ's haphazard "Mystery Reel SH pays". Oh wait, we already have one -- it's called NLG!  frying pan bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

PS: 5 Aces, what link did you use? Scratch Head
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:28:32 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
5 ACES

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2009, 07:10:11 PM »

Oh wait, maybe the $3.73 was per bulb?  rotflmao rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing bust gut laughing rotflmao Duh!

It could have been worse: your bank balance could have hit the floor!  Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing
We could start a club of everyone who has been stung at least once by Happ's haphazard "Mystery Reel SH pays". Oh wait, we already have one -- it's called NLG!  frying pan bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Here's the link: https://bcspinball.com/index.php?cPath=83_125&osCsid=f33aec461e6bf6be9322b5c615dea99b

Hurry though if your going to order, because it says they only have 7 left of the 86 White W2 1LED Round Frosted Lens!!
StatFreak

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »

Here's the link: https://bcspinball.com/index.php?cPath=83_125&osCsid=f33aec461e6bf6be9322b5c615dea99b

Hurry though if your going to order, because it says they only have 7 left of the 86 White W2 1LED Round Frosted Lens!!

Thanks. K+. Hail propeller

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.