Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:51:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  slant top game interchange with upright
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: slant top game interchange with upright  (Read 2672 times)
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« on: March 16, 2010, 03:07:43 AM »

I have an IGT slant top Triple Double Diamonds. The cabinet is in fair condition, but parts are all there and I don't have the room for another slant top. I have an IGT round top that I'm putting together and want to convert it into a Triple Double Diamond game. The question I need answered is, can I use the board from the slant top in the upright?  Scratch Head Also, what other parts can be used from the slant top into an upright, besides the obvious (bulbs, buttons, etc.)? Thanks in advance for the help.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:01:25 AM »

If they're both IGT S+ machines, many parts are interchangable.

The same MPU board can be used, although you may need to use a different metal tray (uprights and slants generally use different trays to secure the board into the machine, although the actual circuit board is the same).

The reel strips are the same, and the reel assemblies themselves could be used in an upright, although you'd have to offset reel strips to get them to line up correctly (slant top reels and upright reels have different "notches" in the basekets to make the reel strips line up correctly in the window.

I believe that you can also use most of the coin-in stuff (coin comparator, optics).  The hopper is different, although in a pinch you might be able to use the motor in an upright hopper (I don't know for sure on that, just an educated guess).  The bill validator head and transport could also be used in an upright.  The candles are the same.

The glass is not interchangable (different sizes).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
89chevyman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

IMG_20120624_210335.jpg

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 02:36:55 PM »

Thank you very much for the info. applause I wasn't sure about the hopper, now I know. Didn't think to ask, but can any of the wiring harness' be used Scratch Head Thanks.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »

Having only worked on a slant S+ once, I'll defer to the people who own them to answer that for you.

As far as the hopper, parts of it (motor, shelf wheel, molex plug, etc.) are likely interchangeable.  I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that the bowl of the slant hopper is a different shape (to accommodate removal of the MPU board).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.