Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:40:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  more SP confusion
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more SP confusion  (Read 3098 times)
aklarry
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« on: May 22, 2010, 04:42:16 AM »

I changed some settings on my Double Diamond Dlx. and the settings wouldn't work with the SP731 chip in the machine so looking in my box of chips I found a SP733 put it in everything worked got my changes. OK now my confusion D.D.Deluxe is a type 5 game and there must be 25 or more SP chips that work with type 5 how do I find out which SP is correct for a DDDlx or any other game? I found the listing for game types and found the listings for The different SP chips the game bible says D.D.Dlxis a type 5 but can't find why I should use a 733 rather than a 731 or a 1271.
AkLarry
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »

The 1271 is the latest and greatest for the type 5 game, but it will not play the feature music, The 731 will. That is why most will use the older chip on game that have music when the bonus feature is running. If you have no bonus music then use the 1271
aklarry
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »

Thank you for the reply but my question in short form is is there a place I can go and tell for example when a RWB haywire was brought out what game SP chip was originally designed for that game and which gives it the most features
AkLarry
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 07:31:29 PM »

Thank you for the reply but my question in short form is is there a place I can go and tell for example when a RWB haywire was brought out what game SP chip was originally designed for that game and which gives it the most features
AkLarry

In short.. No (that I know of) The chip that was used when a game theme came out was the latest version that supported that game type. The SP chips were updated as corrections to the software were need.. bug fixed and features added. All the older ones will support all features you will use at home. The higher the number the better the choice until you get into the newer ones where they took out the music files to make room for more accounting files. matching the chip that was out at the time the game title came out is not that important. SP chips were designed for game types only and not specific game titles. Some required their special SP chip but most others had multiple titles per SP chip. Newer chips are faster than the older ones too in most cases. For example: SP1271 is a great chip but the SP1311 is newer, only difference is it supports tournement mode. All the same type 1 and type 5 features are there and the same.

Hope this helps

And I have most SP chips if you want to experiment around.
aklarry
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 03:05:38 AM »

Yes this is what I was looking for. no list but you really don't need one just use the newest chip that will do what you want it to do.
Thank you for your reply
AkLarry 
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 07:28:15 AM »

Really, you can use *any* SP chip that supports the game type that you wish to use -- generally speaking, there isn't one SP chip that was designed specifically for a particular SS chip.

In general, older SP chips use the dip switches to control some settings, and allow for more flexibility of music respin choices for spin 'til you win games (Spin 'Til You Win, Coral Reef, 4th of July).  Newer SP chips do not use the dip switches for settings (they're all controlled in the self-test menus) and have more detailed accounting capabilities (something that the average home user doesn't need).  Some newer SP chips can support both stand-alone and linked progressives at the same time, but again rare that you'd need that.

If you have a type 5 game, to use your example, any SP chip that supports type 5 will work just fine.  I tend to like chips on the newer end of the available chips just because I prefer to set my settings through the self test menu, but that doesn't mean I need the absolute last chip that was made -- just one that somewhat newer.  (Again generally speaking, most all of the four-digit SP chips use the self test menus for all of their settings.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.