Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:19:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  HELP S+ sp chip change
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP S+ sp chip change  (Read 2979 times)
aklarry
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« on: July 16, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »

I have a S+ double diamond in the shop it had a 731 chip in it and I was trying to change it to keyout only no hopper. I know that is not an option with the 731 so I changed it to a 1071 Powered up the game and then keychiped it , everything worked fine until I tried to set options hitting the service switch it will let me go as far as 10 with 2 in the credit window and it stops, went back to the 731 it does the same thing stops at the same point. Did a ram clear and started over and no mater what sp I use it works fine until I try to change the settings and it stops on 10-2. and locks up. off then on it comes back up and works fine plays like it suppose to except letting me change anything Anyone have any Ideas
AkLarry
Also should say I put in a different board and game set came up and worked until I tried doing  a change and it does it on the new board also
Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 11:35:39 PM »

I had a machine do something similar to me, I had to clear the E-square, requires a test 123 clearchip. I think that is what it is called, because it sounds like your esquare is not going to accept any changes until you do.
aklarry
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 12:15:01 AM »

I think I have one I will try it next time out
AkLarry
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 02:38:41 AM »

The funny/strange thing is this - the motherboard CO (6-pin e square chip)
should have been completely erased or reset when you changed the SP game eproms.
The drastic difference/change between an SP731 from an SP1071 should have forced the MPU to do this.
Try an SP1271 if you don't have clear chips.
The proper clear chip name I think is the IVC103 I believe.

I also recommend checking your door optics.
Are they working properly?
Improperly working door optics will also cause this phenomenon of option lockups.
I've had it happen to me one about 4 months ago.
I changed the door optics and all was fine.
I was allowed to get into the options and settings without any problems.
It was a weird one.
aklarry
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 03:42:17 AM »

It lets me go into options but when you start advancing using the switch it stops at 10 - 2 option and wont go further shut the door and it restarts and game plays fine
AkLarry
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 11:08:39 AM »

That's what was happening with mine.
When I changed the door optics, I was able to advance through the options menus.
Before that, when I tried to advance the SP731 chip using the reset key -
the key would shoot me into the accounting program pages instead.
Normally , I would go to the next page
from [5-1]  ( Player Selectable Credit) - to [6-0] (Mechanical Bell)

What's bothering me is that you said that you were pressing the "Service Switch".
That switch on the coin-in optic board is for putting credits ( up to max) to test the machine's operation.
It has nothing to do with the options settings or advancing anything.
You're supposed to use a combination of the little white test switch, reset key, and button deck panel buttons.
Are you following a proper PSR for your SP731?

Also, the word terms "keychipping" usually is referred to when one is using "Key chips" on an S2000 - not an S+.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:22:27 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.