Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  IGT I-game + Error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT I-game + Error  (Read 3675 times)
aklarry
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« on: August 14, 2010, 02:27:40 AM »

Scratch Head I am getting a Error on start up in my Tabasco stating Bad Pixel ROM,   Replace Pixel ROM What chip or SIMM is it talking about We have just about determined that the game board is causing the problem but I would like to know what component the error is talking about.
Thanks
AkLarry
laneman
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 55

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 02:34:37 AM »

I had the same thing one time,reseated all the simms and was fine after that.
Crowsen
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

“When the going gets weird the weird turn proâ€

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 01:06:31 PM »

That would be your CG ROM Simm Card I believe.

No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 01:41:51 PM »

Actually,  the pixel  is marked (labeled) :  PXLF  ... it is the pixel  that are installed  "vertical" / upright on the board. (not sure off hand if Tobasco has one/two or three plxf simm cards )

What I normally do, is  pull the simm card,  clean the connector edges of the simm card...maybe use a pencil eraser... re-insert card and  boot up the machine. 

One other thing  that I've  ran into on  "bad pixel"  error....  try  a different  "slot"....   There are 3 slot positions for pixels..   Usually if there is just one pixel... the one nearest  the  RAM  eproms is the correct slot to insert the single PXL simm card.... HOWEVER,   I've actually taken the pixel simm and tried it in slot 2 /  and even  slot  "3"...  and then  machine came up with no  pixel  errors.

If you continue to get the error... maybe the PXL file  went corrupt.

Good Luck.
aklarry
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 14

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »

Second set of software first came up with bad video ROM error that is why we are leaning to bad game board And Tabasco uses all three upright slots

AkLarry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.