Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:12:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Game Emulators
| |-+  MAME Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator (Moderator: channelmaniac)
| | |-+  60 48 39 19 9 6 in 1 Multicade Boards - Adding Roms and Updating Software
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 60 48 39 19 9 6 in 1 Multicade Boards - Adding Roms and Updating Software  (Read 2604 times)
tjc02002
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:35:21 PM »

I am trying to figure out how to modify the software and add games to the multicade boards, mentioned in subject line. It seems that basically these boards are running MS DOS and MAME, earlier versions of MAME though. I found somewhere that the 19 in 1 boards are running MAME .124a I just think it would be really cool to be able to change the "iCade" text or background colors in the menu, and add different games and delete some of them. I have attached a picture of my multicade 60 in 1 board with what I can find out about the components on the board. Looks like most of the data is probably stored on the flash memory chip(top middle of picture). Also, on the left edge(circled in yellow) there are some circuit board pins that look like a communications type connection which nothing is connected to but there is some remnant solder from the factory...  Im wondering if I could communicate with the whole board by connecting something there, or plan b, desolder the flash memory and try to get the data off that.

Some other interesting info I found on a forum, a guy said he had a 6 in 1 board, and he put the prom(the older boards had removable proms) from the 9 in 1 and it worked with 9 games. I also find it very curious that the 60 in 1, and 19 in 1 look exactly the same. Also there was, or maybe still is, a programmable board available but it doesnt let you modify the interface/menu and only lets you put a short list of games on the board. I would personally like to be able to change the menu and maybe update the mame software and put a few more games on it. I mean, the board only sports, a 200mhz cell phone processor and 64mb of ram but I would think that could run some decent software and games if we could only mess with the programming a little.

Anyway, if you can help me with some information about this or you are also interested in this, please post. Thanks.

* untitled.JPG (245.38 KB, 743x554 - viewed 468 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.